Pep Armour Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychopanda

Jr Member
I did a search and couldn't find anything. If it is somewhere on here please link me and close this thread.

Hey guys. I'm pretty new to the forums and pep. I made a pep Mark VI helmet out of normal paper yesterday to see if I could handle it. It came out great. So I went and bought 110LB card stock and printed off the sheets for the chest+back and helmet(I use the helmet from frizzlefry's tut).

I left off 3 pieces, the 3 that go around the neck, and tried it on. The helmet fit perfectly and made me confident in the scaling I used. But I got worried when i attached the last 3 pieces. It's obvious that my head won't fit through the hole and I knew this ahead of time.

I came up with 2 options, either can be done after resining/fiberglassing (Which i hope to do).

1.Make the neck hole just big enough to allow my head through

2.Make some sort of hinge and fastening system which will allow me to open up a portion of the helmet to allow my head in then close and fasten it in place.

I was wondering if this has happened to others and what they have done to overcome this.

Below are 3 images of the helms:

Completed Card Stock:

helm1.jpg

Card stock on right missing the visor and 3 neck pieces, paper on left missing visor...The card stock was scaled up slightly.:

helm2.jpg

Paper helm with visor:

hemet.jpg

I used that same file. I just trimmed the hole so my head fit well.

Edit: I also recommend doing an HD model. You won't have to do much with the detailing.

I thought about doing an HD helmet. But my pep skills still aren't that great. I'm planning on making 1 suit just to get my feet wet then I'm going to try all HD on the second suit.

Edit: Do you have an suggestions on a specific HD helm? So far I only know of the 3 on the wiki page. Also, do you have a suggestion for which chest piece to make?

Edit 2: also, HD suggestions for Hand plates and boots?

Try to find a DF4L helm unfolded by MrOreo123. I like that one because it's easy, but looks good. I'd link you, but I don't know where I found it (it's in the forum somewhere). As for the chest piece, I don't know. I haven't made one yet, so I can't tell you what's an easy, good-looking build.

FS's too it's the most Detail. I would glue the visor in BTW you can just cut it out later in resin stages.. Prevents warpage.

These look great! I'm in the process of making my helm too, Im almost done, but have the fear it wont fit as well. the hinge idea may work well. let me know what you decided on, I think it may be necessary for me too.

Thanks for all the quick replies guys!

HaloFreakX: Yeah. I already glued the visors in. I'm just trying to figure out where it would be cheapest to buy resin and fiberglass sheets.

Noise therapy: I'm just planning on cutting out just enough to let my head in. I was looking at the back of the helmet and just couldn't figure out an easy way to do the hinge option.

As said above I am looking for cheap resins... If anyone has any suggestions please tell me.

Hey all again. I didn't want to make a new post so I'm just gonna double post to bump this. I have the helmet, chest+back plate, and the left bicep pepped. I have left forearm and left calf printed. I was going to print out the left thigh but I noticed some pieces run onto 2 sheets. I was just wondering what I am suppose to do with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back