Pepakura not printing flaps?

Chromosome

For some reason all of the flaps won't show up when I print my files, they're visible in the 2d viewer, I tried changing line color to black just in case they were a color that wasn't showing up, I tried doubling my line thickness and made sure there was no transparency, but nothing is working.
Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Attachments

• 20231012_101128.jpg
    20231012_101128.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 65
Hmmm, I'm not sure what's causing the problem as I've never come across this issue before, but I can give some tips that might help. Right click on the 2D side and go to "Edit Flaps". For 'Position' page hit the "Default Settings" button at the bottom. Then on the 'Shape' page change the "Set Height" to 0.3 or 0.4. Lastly go to 'Settings' then 'Print and Paper' and make sure you have "Print Lines Clearly (Vector Print)" Selected.
These are the only items I can think of that might be causing the issue. Give them a try and let me know the result.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, I'm not sure what's causing the problem as I've never come across this issue before, but I can give some tips that might help. Right click on the 2D side and go to "Edit Flaps". For 'Position' page hit the "Default Settings" button at the bottom. Then on the 'Shape' page change the "Set Height" to 0.3 or 0.4. Lastly go to 'Settings' then 'Print and Paper' and make sure you have "Print Lines Clearly (Vector Print)" Selected.
These are the only items I can think of that might be causing the issue. Give them a try and let me know the result.
Still no cigar, I tried to print another piece of armor to see if it was my printer and it came out like normal.
Is there any chance something could have gone wrong when downloading the file itself somehow?

Attachments

• 20231012_203027.jpg
    20231012_203027.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52
Upvote 0
Still no cigar, I tried to print another piece of armor to see if it was my printer and it came out like normal.
Is there any chance something could have gone wrong when downloading the file itself somehow?
Maybe? Though I don't think it's very possible. What version of Designer or Viewer are you using? I've had issues in the past when a file is created on one and opened with another. And if possible or allowed by author, could you share the file on here so I can open it myself and check?

Upvote 0
Maybe? Though I don't think it's very possible. What version of Designer or Viewer are you using? I've had issues in the past when a file is created on one and opened with another. And if possible or allowed by author, could you share the file on here so I can open it myself and check?
I'm using Pepakura viewer 5, the file I'm using is the one available in the armory, under the name mark v standard. Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Standard

edit: the other bicep piece prints just fine, and i have an option to invert it. I may just do that instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm using Pepakura viewer 5, the file I'm using is the one available in the armory, under the name mark v standard. Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Standard

edit: the other bicep piece prints just fine, and i have an option to invert it. I may just do that instead.
That is super weird. I have looked at a lot of pep files and have never run into that issue. I tried playing around with the file you mentioned and can not figure out what the original creator did to make them disappear! But, you are correct that you only need one side for a pep file and then just invert or mirror and reposition the pieces.

Upvote 0
This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back