Pepping (OMG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPO mendez

Hey all, i printed my first few pages on pepakura. and may i just say O.M.G.! it looks really freakin HARD! It even scared my dad!!! I tried looking up some tutorials but none of them helped! please help 405th!

The thing is, it looks really complex! the numbers are confusing too,BTW Thnx 4 the link Hollywood:)

Hi,

Yes they do look daunting. I am actually just beginning as well. I would recommend starting with some lower definition pieces (not HD) and just getting the feel for it. It isn't nearly as bad as it looks once you start taking your time and working with it.

The numbers are actually rather simple. Use pepakura viewer to help you see which sides go where on which pieces, then you just line up the numbers and glue.

i think the problem was that the first thing i printed was carpathiavh's (did i spell dat right?) reach sniper rifle! and it was like over 40 pages long!!!!:eek

i think the problem was that the first thing i printed was carpathiavh's (did i spell dat right?) reach sniper rifle! and it was like over 40 pages long!!!!:eek

Weapons are not a good place to start your first pep, unless its the frag grenade, I would have started with a low def piece like Sabre suggested like the low def version of the Mark VI helmet by robogenisis

http://halocostuming.wikia.com/index.php?title=Special:Outbound&f=Pepakura_File_Index&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.4shared.com%2Ffile%2FvJ5BVlw2%2FMark_VI_Helmet_by_Robogenisis.html

that way you can see if this is theright medium to work in, take your time, dont rush it or it will looked rushed, line up the numbers directly over each other

use good adhesive like Aleene's craft glue (best IMO), Elmers all purpose craft bond, hot glue or superglue, Music to pass the time and lots of patience!!! GOOD LUCK

Yeah but usually something that big like the sniper Rifle you should expect a lot of pages. Including all the details. It's something you should be expecting.

too...many...replies!...cant-*head explodes*

lol just kidding, thanx 4 all the feedback

i agree with the previous posts, I just joined today and my plans are to start out small with stuff like magnums and other small projects to get a feel for making armor. I don't imagine this hobby as being a first time profession. so keep at it and i'm sure you will work it out in time!

Have fun with it, be patient and go slow. Don't try to get it finished in one day. Some people have taken a year or more to finish one set of armor.

As far as limiting your confusion and pairing the numbers to glue, keep the Pep designer up on your computer so you can refer back to it regularly...you're going to need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back