Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleofDeath16

Division PR and RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S511
Hello, fellow friends! Thanks to Spartan299 , I have been informed we have a amazing opportunity to get one of the first 405th Midwest booths out there at this very convention! We had an amazing show out this last month and it garnered the attention of some on-site staff. So I would like to do a couple things here.

Firstly, I want to make sure we are all aware that any outside discussion or planning must and will always find its way back to the forum and this thread in particular going forward. If we can take headcount of members who had participated here Firstly, and state your interest of participation please let me know. Non-attendees are of course welcome as well.

Second, what would we be looking to do to provide the best 405th experience for the con? I have basic items from back drops, the 405th flag, table banner, standing promotion, to even some basic computer equipment to make a pseudo "recruitment terminal" for interested parties. Drop your ideas and let's discuss them here.

Lastly, if we can confirm this opportunity we would need to dedicate shifts to members as well as tightly organize photographers and photoshoot times to ensure the success of our presence while also not limiting members from enjoying the con as a whole! This will be pending; but i will get a excel going of timeslots for the station an positions for members willing to dedicate and run them.

With all that being said, I am honored and excited to have such an amazing opportunity out of our appearance and can not wait for even more chances down the road (I'm crossing my fingers for you, C2E2 2023).

Participated and I am also very interested in helping out.

An idea I wanted to share is that we could show off the different "levels" of build that different attending members have made and worn before to show where everyone started and show that you can definitely start small and then build into bigger things. Also a weapon/prop show off zone so people can see the things they love from the games in person.

Last edited:
Participated this year and definitely down for next year. I’m looking into getting a UNSC rug like you’d see at a recruiters office. Also willing to take longer shifts as I don’t buy much from conventions nowadays.

You know I'm in. Should have 2 completed costumes by then also. That said, I'm good wherever I'm needed.
When I hear something back from the Comicon Board I will pass it on. It looks very favorable, but until I hear from them it's not definite. Here's hoping.

An idea I wanted to share is that we could show off the different "levels" of build that different attending members have made and worn before to show where everyone started and show that you can definitely start small and then build into bigger things. Also a weapon/prop show off zone so people can see the things they love from the games in person.
A video presentation would be nice.

I like the idea of a weapons rack then they could choose a weapon to take a photo with. I’m hearing a recording of Chief saying “I need a weapon”

Hello, fellow friends! Thanks to Spartan299 , I have been informed we have a amazing opportunity to get one of the first 405th Midwest booths out there at this very convention! We had an amazing show out this last month and it garnered the attention of some on-site staff. So I would like to do a couple things here.

Firstly, I want to make sure we are all aware that any outside discussion or planning must and will always find its way back to the forum and this thread in particular going forward. If we can take headcount of members who had participated here Firstly, and state your interest of participation please let me know. Non-attendees are of course welcome as well.

Second, what would we be looking to do to provide the best 405th experience for the con? I have basic items from back drops, the 405th flag, table banner, standing promotion, to even some basic computer equipment to make a pseudo "recruitment terminal" for interested parties. Drop your ideas and let's discuss them here.

Lastly, if we can confirm this opportunity we would need to dedicate shifts to members as well as tightly organize photographers and photoshoot times to ensure the success of our presence while also not limiting members from enjoying the con as a whole! This will be pending; but i will get a excel going of timeslots for the station an positions for members willing to dedicate and run them.

With all that being said, I am honored and excited to have such an amazing opportunity out of our appearance and can not wait for even more chances down the road (I'm crossing my fingers for you, C2E2 2023).
I would love to be apart of this. I've gone to con every year this year just so happens to be my first halo build debut. I would love to join and join on Sunday if I could. Now I may be able to do some parts of other days thats just depending on the celeb line up and seeing who I want to see. It would be fantastic if I could join

I love this idea and wouldn't mind lending my props that I'm making for this.

Participated this year and definitely will help out next year!! Maybe have an armor stand that we can model and use for photos since we were bombarded with photos. Also love the ide la of a weapons rack that Littlefoot1221 suggested!! I can help all three days too!
No disrespect, but Fallen suggested the weapons rack. Littlefoot agreed it was a good idea. I agree as well. That would be a nice way to display props.

Also for Sunday I wouldn’t mind offering my Locus suit to be on display if you guys wanted. I’ll help with anything just let me know. Maybe we can do some shirts or something?

Also for Sunday I wouldn’t mind offering my Locus suit to be on display if you guys wanted. I’ll help with anything just let me know. Maybe we can do some shirts or something?
Suit displays would be fantastic! Anything to showcase our members hard work is always good in my book.
In terms of shirts, while we can not hold any form of sales at our booths due to the rules and guidelines laid out in the 405th Mantle; we can however encourage our members to look into the RedBubble and don some of that sweet 405th gear for the event! Nothing pulls in folks like some good looking swagger. :)

Needless to say but we could also make flyers to hand out with relevant information on where to find things like merch or the forums and any official 405th social media accounts: Facebook, Twitch, ect...

Needless to say but we could also make flyers to hand out with relevant information on where to find things like merch or the forums and any official 405th social media accounts: Facebook, Twitch, ect...
Does the 405th have brochures? If they do, that would be an excellent addition. Of course we would need to have some information on contact personnel from the regional area. Just to make it easy for potential recruits.

Suit displays would be fantastic! Anything to showcase our members hard work is always good in my book.
In terms of shirts, while we can not hold any form of sales at our booths due to the rules and guidelines laid out in the 405th Mantle; we can however encourage our members to look into the RedBubble and don some of that sweet 405th gear for the event! Nothing pulls in folks like some good looking swagger. :)
Yea! Have some 405th gear that would be awesome!

I'll definitely try and make more of an apperance at cons next year and be glad to help out at the booth. And with ideas, maybe have various materials & stages of a build to show what the process is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back