Problem With Belt/suspenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kissker

So I got myself an H harness suspender system.. and a military style swat belt - but the belt came in without Orings (and the seller doesn't have one WITH orings it turns out, so he changed his picture and apologized) so instead of paying the $8 or so shipping to send it back... I was wondering ways to make this work...

First idea came to use some of my strapping to create a loop - and then a smaller loop- to connect D rings to it so the clips could clip D rings onto the belt (and the hoops could be taken off for other uses for the belt as well)

another was to burn holes in and make the Orings myself with tools from Walmart.... but that might make it weaker and be tedious to get the O's in the right spot...

any other ideas?

I can submit pictures if you need to understand what I am saying.

The belt is actually "Heavy Duty Elite Law Enforcement Pistol belt" PVC- B950

Alright so I'll send pics. Lol

This is from the armor 101 guide:

beltinteriorgn9.jpg

and you can see his belt has the O Rings....(metal)

My belt is like this:

IM000280.jpg

and I have similar clips:

IM000281.jpg

yea I was in walmart lookin at craft foam prices when I saw that thing and was like "wow how handy, wonder if I should get one for future projects" thinkin my belt was like the one with eyelets and not like it is.. Lol.... kinda irony if you think about it. They had orange and pink..lol not sure if there is a difference besides colours but was kinda lookin for a cheaper way to solve the issue....

oh ok gotcha.. if that belt is nylon you could take a soldering iron or a woodburning kit and burn holes into it as long as its nylon not cotton cause the nylon will melt and thus it wont fray and your belt unravel....and hey thats probably as cheap as you can get if you have one of those around the house...if not use a lighter and a nail with a pair of vise grips so you dont burn yourself...

I got an iron.. maybe i can find the eyelets at walmart as a "replacement" series and a little hand puncher to make them stay.

OneForgot10Soul said:
oh ok gotcha.. if that belt is nylon you could take a soldering iron or a woodburning kit and burn holes

Right, if you don't melt the holes, the fabric will tear later. I wouldn't mess up solder iron tip though, would rather use an old knife and a stove top to cut in the melted holes.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you need is a "pistol belt." You have a duty belt, which isn't made to go with the ALICE suspenders you have, but you already knew that. The easiest solution is to go to a military surplus store and buy a black pistol belt. It will probably cost between $15-$20. That would be SO much easier and eliminates the chance of ruining the duty belt. Putting grommets in, especially through heavy nylon, is not an easy thing and you will probably mess one or more of the grommets up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back