Progress so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirePanda

Update 7/15/22!
I've learned a few things while doing this build. Chief among them: difficulty - hard mode. I've been thinking of how to do things better, how to not do things, and trying to currently wrap my head around the different stages I need to build from start to almost-finish sections to put them all together versus building the whole thing at once.
One thing I struggle with is how to lengthen/enlarge templates on paper. Pep files sure, the math is easy but straight up pdf files? No clue.
Currently feeling both accomplished and defeated. Weird huh?

(original post)
Between joining and first post to posting progress now, I've been dealing with the usual life stuff along with planning the wedding with my fiancé and all the fun in between. And now I've made enough progress to feel confident in sharing.
I have an okay-ish previous experience with EVA foam but that ended up being way too expensive and couldn't/wouldn't take the risks needed to learn and grow my skills, so translating that to this has proven to be a rather difficult learning curve.
I am using the templates and tutorials made by Ashen Warrior Props for the NCR Veteran Ranger helmet from Fallout: New Vegas.
It's been aggravating yet fun/interesting/rewarding to take a template made for a semi-rigid yet pliable material to a much more rigid less pliable material making me think way more in advance on how things will connect or shape than I'm used to. Nowhere near close to being done yet but I am making a good dent.

Attachments

• 2022-07-09 001.JPG
    2022-07-09 001.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
  • 2022-07-15 003.JPG
    2022-07-15 003.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • 2022-07-15 005.JPG
    2022-07-15 005.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • 2022-07-15 008.JPG
    2022-07-15 008.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Thanks for the support. A lot of the time I discourage myself from working on stuff because I hype myself up (or down) but I'm trying to see this to the end so I can start it again :D

Thanks for the support. A lot of the time I discourage myself from working on stuff because I hype myself up (or down) but I'm trying to see this to the end so I can start it again :D
I feel you on that. There are times where I’m not feeling it, but then I get a boost from reading these posts and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back