Purchasing Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUS Sentinal

How much could one buy the full Master Chief suit 5' 11" average build made from something close to unbreakable IE metals or really strong plastic for? I want a suit kinda like the bear suit guy's armor but moreMaster-Chiefesque. I am willing to pay handsomely for one, I've looked around for forever to find one and noone has a useful one that won't break for sale. I need something that will stand up to Field excercises and maybe paintball. Possible??
Thanks for your time. -SPC Pe***on

Ok, lets slow down here...

I see this is your first post and I believe I could give you a pointer.
First of all, a suit made of metal doesn't exist to my knowledge. If it does it would be incredibly expensive!
To buy a casted plastic costume would cost around $1000 dollars or so.
But I say, read around this site and see if you can pull together the knowledge to build your own armor.
There is nothing like making your own. You could have the crappiest looking suit but it would feel much better to put that on.

So you dont have to take my advice, just consider it :)

not possible.. not manueverable, not durable, not going to be able to breathe enough to let you run in it for field exercises.

Until someone proves me wrong.

Yeah, I know it's my 1st post, but I have been forum trolling for a bit now, lol. the reason I said suit of metal is from reading the Marine WIP topic. when I said pay handsomely, I didn't mean like 1k, I meant like 10k lol, I want something I can mod out later to put my IBA and or kevlar inserts into. (I am in the Army Infantry btw in case you haven't realized that ;P) I was trying to buy the trojan suit but it dissappeared off the face of the planet..but I want something durable, and I don't think fiberglass or plastic would be tough enough.

*Edit* Adam, I was thinking of something like light metal overlay maybe onto an IBA frame with small vent ports in the sides for airflow..

TUS.Sentinal said:
Yeah, I know it's my 1st post, but I have been forum trolling for a bit now, lol. the reason I said suit of metal is from reading the Marine WIP topic. when I said pay handsomely, I didn't mean like 1k, I meant like 10k lol, I want something I can mod out later to put my IBA and or kevlar inserts into. (I am in the Army Infantry btw in case you haven't realized that ;P) I was trying to buy the trojan suit but it dissappeared off the face of the planet..but I want something durable, and I don't think fiberglass or plastic would be tough enough.

*Edit* Adam, I was thinking of something like light metal overlay maybe onto an IBA frame with small vent ports in the sides for airflow..
We do not make armor we make costumes. If you want a suit of Mjolnir armor that can be used as actual armor you have to make it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ph4de said:
We do not make armor we make costumes. If you want a suit of Mjolnir armor that can be used as actual armor you have to make it yourself.

Exactly as I would put it. The Costumes we make here are for show, not functionality.

xrallyman said:
Exactly as I would put it. The Costumes we make here are for show, not functionality.
That's not to say a pep suit that is put together nicely wouldn't stand up in a game of airsoft :p

Seno 'Ypsamee said:
That's not to say a pep suit that is put together nicely wouldn't stand up in a game of airsoft :p

Hmm...good point, but i would be more afraid to trip and fall :cry:

xrallyman said:
Hmm...good point, but i would be more afraid to trip and fall :cry:
True, which would really suck...

That's one reason I am building armor, my friends want to have a Halofied airsoft game of CTF (of course I'm the only one working on armor :p).

No matter how tall you are, a molded plastic suit (which can still break) will cost from 1400-2000 dollars or more.

There are no unbreakable suits.

The problem with metal Mjolnir armor is forming it. There's too much detail to make from sheet with my skill level, that's why I'm building the nice, low-poly H1 marine from metal. Eventually, however, I plan on trying my hand at investment (lost-wax) casting parts using molds taken off of pep armor. MMMMMM, cast aluminum armor........ (y)

Someday.........

Not soon, though. :(

And I know steel armor can be broken. I've had pieces of my SCA armor blasted right off me before.

No need for unbreakable/sturdy armor, this is a costume, remember this, not REAL armor. It will not protect you in anyway. It is all for looks and enjoyment.

I would say with a lot of certainty that a metal suit doesn't exist. All though it'd be cool, metal does not provide much protection against projectiles. Or at least the kind used in a suit.

I'm pretty sure that a well built pep suit could take 300fps paintballs. Maybe not the helmet, but that's your call. I'm gonna use mine in the few paintball things I do.

I've been looking myself at the possibilities of armor and at first I wanted to buy one but over time I've decided to make my own. Of course I don't have the space or money right now, so it will have to wait which gives me more time to plan this out and do basic things to practice on.

Overall, I really suggest making your own or looking towards someone else who works with metal professionally. If you honestly want armor to stand up to what you want, try and talk to someone who knows more about it.

You send me 10k, I'll send you some molded armor. I'll even work with you about modding it for kevlar inputs, fans, video, whatever.

It might take some time, but you'll get it. And I'm not promising the greatest mobilty.

PVT, you need to smoke yourself. Just start pushing. If you have deployment money burning a hole in your pocket spend it on a new car and strippers like everyone else.

I dont know about 10k, probably 3 or 4 times that, and you could have something designed and made using stereo lithography, along the same lines as the Iron Man armour for the movie they're making. If you've got the money contact Gentle Giant Studios, they have access to some pretty serious stuff.

Adam said:
not possible.. not manueverable, not durable, not going to be able to breathe enough to let you run in it for field exercises.
Until someone proves me wrong.

I think if you used really thin sheet metal it would be very much like pepakura armor but it'd be thin and would not look that good. The metal would get hot and not be very pleasant for running.

A steel or Stainless Steel armor is not hard at all. Just a nuther armor. There are pro armor maker out there that make steel armor all the time for the SCA and other groups

PM sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back