R3Aper's Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3APER

Hello ladies and gentleman, I've watched the forums for a good long time and read every sticky I could get my hands on and FINALLY started my pep. This is the first pep I have ever done so it was a great learning experience. I tried different cutting methods, different glues and different folding methods. It wasn't until about the end that I really came to a process I liked.

Here is what I have so far

1255925163.jpg

1255925287.jpg

and I went ahead and made myself some decals and unit sigs

1255925323.jpg

1255925363.jpg

Next I need to go out and buy some more cardstock and when that happens I will get to work on the shoulders and grieves. I do not intend to make a helm because frankly I'm not a fan of the marine helm, i already have a sarge's cap too. Being that this is my first project and I've never had any experience in this I would love some help from you guys. My big questions at the moment are how this thing will fasten (i know about the black nylon straps over the shoulders) and also does anyone have any ideas for the phany pack type back worn on the back of the belt? Lastly which assault rifle pep do people prefer? All comments and advice are much appreciated!!

- Dennehy

p.s.- ... how much of a halo sin would it be to paint these black, do the sigs in white and drop an odst helm on top of it? or perhaps doing a O.D. green odst? perhaps my own take on some kind of UNSC force recon. thoughts?

Looks good so far, unfortunately I don't know about strapping or the assault rifle pep. What I can tell you is that if you want to wear an ODST helm with marine armor go right ahead, in the end its what you like and what you think looks good that really matters. Unless your trying to win some kind of costume contest, I say mix it and be different.

Imperial said:
Looks good so far, unfortunately I don't know about strapping or the assault rifle pep. What I can tell you is that if you want to wear an ODST helm with marine armor go right ahead, in the end its what you like and what you think looks good that really matters. Unless your trying to win some kind of costume contest, I say mix it and be different.

Yea that's what I set out to do. I wanted to make something that 1. I was proud of and was up to my standards, and 2. was unique in my own way. that's why i didn't go with a MC pep right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, Is it me or is the chest piece tiny? It could just be the pic though.

About the ODST helmet on a marine "Body" don't they already use that?

Thanks for the encouragement guys although I think im going to try something else, the front armor is not to small but imjust not in love with it. I think im going to do an ODST front. keep mixing and matching parts from the two

Nice build. I am working on the Same Halo 3 Marine Armor also. I finished my helmet and believe me the helmet has insane details and just took for ever to assemble. Hopefully the chest armor is easy to build as I checked the Pepakura files and it doesn't have too many little pieces with the x10 tiny spikes on them. Anyways keep the good work up and I hope this build turns out great!

Looks good and I hope your mixing turns out well. I'll throw in my own flare for my Mk VI when I get to the other stages, needless to say painting will be a lot of fun.

Yeah painting usually is the best part of the project, because it gives you that feeling of accomplishment that you get for making your own project and you get to add your own flair of creativity if you so choose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back