Ranger and Jorge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update time!

This is for the SupaNova con here tomorrow and Sunday, and I'm still putting together some bits and pieces. Hopefully will be able to get them finished in the next couple hours and then get me some glorious sleep.

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

I'm gonna be wearing a black shirt, and I got a balaclava to put on under it, so it should look a bit better without that cream coloured work shirt of mine rearing it's ugly head. Also, I had to drill holes in the top of the lenses, so the buggers would stop fogging up. Not being able to see really affects maneuverability. Also, I've had to do away with the pipe, which is a real shame. It stopped me turning my head down or to the right, and it messed up how the coat sits, and I don't have time to work out a replacement.

Alright, so after all of my spare time was taken by trying to finish off my Ranger before the Supanova conveniton, I decieded to take a bit of a break. I was hoping some of the photos that got taken of me at the Con would emerge, but I haven't found any yet, so I did this instead:

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

Anyway, now that I've had my rest, I'm going to try and start work again on my Jorge helmet this week. I also have a bit of an urge to build myself a Captain America shield after seeing how MadModder's awesome build is panning out. I think I'd love to have one hanging on my wall.

So, I've been moving house, then work flew me to New Zealand for a month, and it's been a full on bit of time, but hopefully I can get back into building some stuff!

In the meantime, I'm going to a Costume Party for a friends girlfriend as Eddie Riggs (Brutal Legend) , and have been building this:
IMG_20111009_203905smaller.jpg

I didn't think it really deserved its own thread, and it could definitely be a lot better, but it was on a short timeframe and I'm relatively happy with the result. With more time I'd probably smooth out the cardboard with some bondo and generally just make it look prettier. I still need to do some 'blades' on it, but otherwise it's pretty much done.

And my Jorge helmet has survived the move, so I'm hoping to get working on that again soon! It's no further progressed than last time though, unfortunately. I hope to have pictures for you lovely folks soon.
EDIT: And I just noticed you can see it in the background of that pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back