Razgriz's Flamethrower Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
rundown said:
euhm you do know wy a flamethrower is forbidden by the humanisation rights and its an iligal woapon...
this is very dangereuse for espeaccyally you since a flamethrower easally blows up :s

i wouldnt suggest making it
What's all this talk about a flame-thrower? I was only joking! :)
However one over-powered water gun would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
redragon74 said:
yea an over powerd water gun would be pretty sick :D

rundown: its only illegal if your caught ;)

I like your logic very much. ;) However, I would like to keep my skin safe and intact, not burned and falling off my body! That's already happened to me today when I laid down my bike going 30mph down the road. :cautious: It still burns and I left a good chunk of my skin on the road.

Anyways, I
m probably going to finish bondo-ing and sanding the frame today. If not today, then tomorrow. After that I'll work on both handles and the front fin assembly more. The fins themselves are now nice and hard with four layers or glass.

I think I found the water tank today.
091194005858md.jpg

I was at Lowe's restocking on supplies for 'glassing my H2 ODST and found this water tank. It's for holding water at moderate pressure, so it would be just about perfect, and it's only 40 bucks.

Loess said:
I think I found the water tank today.
091194005858md.jpg

I was at Lowe's restocking on supplies for 'glassing my H2 ODST and found this water tank. It's for holding water at moderate pressure, so it would be just about perfect, and it's only 40 bucks.

:eek: That's awesome! Nice find. :)

Tank plumbing diagram!

[attachment=5870:flamethrower4.JPG]

The only problem is getting rid of an air bladder inside the tank, but that shouldn't be too terrible.

Loess said:
Tank plumbing diagram!

[attachment=5870:flamethrower4.JPG]

The only problem is getting rid of an air bladder inside the tank, but that shouldn't be too terrible.
So, I would have to take out the bladder? Or, would you just fill with water, then fill the bladder with the correct amount of air?

Since the tank will be re-purposed, and won't be in its normal orientation, you probably will have to remove it. I'm looking in to the best way to get it out of there right now.

*Edit*

Here's a site that explains what this tank would normally be used for. Since it's going to be on its side, that bladder has to go.

Hey all :)

I just wanted to let you all know that I am still working on my flamethrower despite lack of update pics. The reason why I can't post pics is because my camera is in Florida with my sister and brother. Since my sister's camera broke right before a trip down there, she asked if she could take mine. That's why I don't have it. ;)

Here's a verbal update though. It's looking good and completely bondo-ed now (The frame that is). The front fin assembly is coming along nice as well.

you are one dangerous individual....and i like it :p just dont come after me with that thing, i like my skin very much.

Quick flamethrower:

Get a squirt gun.
Fill squirt gun with gas
Place a butane lighter a bit under the nozzle and hold down the trigger of the lighter with tape.
Fire squirt gun
Do not point at eyes, face, or any other part of the body in general.

Looking good Raz, moar pictures plz? :-D

This will make one helluva "squirt" gun! Water is normally safe - unless you get too much of it, then you might drown. Just a thought.

Hey guys, just a small update. I had to redo parts of the frame and started to re-bondo the things. Fiberglassing has also started. Though it doesn't need it for shape or strength, I want it so it will have a nice texture when sanded down instead of wood.

pics

DSCN0802.jpg

As you can see, the large plate in front of the rear handle has been fixed. Before, it was too small and out of proportion.
DSCN0803.jpg

DSCN0805.jpg

The fins are looking much better as well. I'll probably put a layer of glass on the outside and sand it down using 400 grit sand paper to give it a glassy appearance.
DSCN0804.jpg

The cardboard is only there to keep it from moving. once it's glassed again and glued onto the main frame, it will stay in place.
DSCN0806.jpg

Here's a picture of some unsanded fiberglass.

It's going well. :)

For the main 'barrel' or pipe, I think I'll get a flexible vacuum hose, and bondo all of the flexible points so I can get the perfect bend in the 'barrel'. I think I described that correctly...
As a note of things I'm going to fix, I know the 'arm' that leads to the front most handel needs to be a bit higher.

It would be better to fiberglass the bendable parts instead, because bondo will crack off if it is flexed.
Fiberglass it then put bondo ontop of it.

RadioactiV777 said:
It would be better to fiberglass the bendable parts instead, because bondo will crack off if it is flexed.
Fiberglass it then put bondo ontop of it.
Yes yes I know. At first I was going to try to get by cheap by just bondo-ing the entire thing to save money on fiberglass and resin but like you stated, bondo cracks. :p

That looks awesome! For the tubes, you might look into soft copper tubing. You can bend it to shape, and not have to fiberglass or bondo it. Just be careful to get the shape right the first time, because it will work harden as you bend it. You only get to bend it once or twice before it starts to get really hard to form.

I like it :-D But then again, I like fire. Super-soaker flamethrowers are as far as I got though... no incendiary grenades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back