Reach: An Lt Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's still looking more O.D.S.T. than spartan,but what ever it looks like it's still cool!

A work of art.Amazing.

sirfroget said:
nice looking good really good :lol but is the helmet suppose to be Mark5 or something els ?

It's from Reach, but I don't know what the model is called.

I can already tell that your helmet is going to come out awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't really know yet which series of MJOLNIR this is as the information has not yet been released by Bungie. This is the armor worn by the Lt. in the Halo: Reach trailer, hence the name of the thread, Reach: An LT Wip. You can follow the development of the files for the Lt here in Rundowns thread: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16786&st=0&#entry266070 I have done the unfold for the helmet without the attachment and the ab plate and am currently working on the chest unfold as well. There are a few others like forged reclaimer who may be working on the other variants of armor from Reach, but I haven't seen anything yet.

Edit: Here is the ab plate unfold

http://www.4shared.com/file/176772210/b538497c/ReachAbPlate.html

Frozensnot said:
It's from Reach, but I don't know what the model is called.

I can already tell that your helmet is going to come out awesome!

I think it would be the mark 4.5 or something just a guess :D sorry for the double post

Alright, so I got the mudglassing done today. I used 3/4 small tub of bondo and resin, and about 3 square feet of fibreglass fabric, and 1 square foot of fibreglass mat. After pouring the rondo in, I would lay in the fibreglass on top. I did one solid coat of the whole helmet a bit at a time, and then decided to slush the whole thing at once for a second layer. I had a little bit of fibreglass left, so I layed that in as well. So the top and visor are nice and thick, they have the high points and need the most sanding. Once the high points have been sanded down I will bondo the outside to get the final finished look. I must say, right now, it is rock solid. It wouldn't break if I threw it on the ground. So tomorrow will be a sanding day. Oh, and I got a new respirator today, beats my old mask by a long shot. Here's the pics:

IMG_5598.jpg

IMG_5597.jpg

IMG_5596.jpg

The area around the neck opening is a little thin, I will probably reinforce that a little later on. We will see how it looks tomorrow after it really has a chance to cure.

That is looking good.No,I mean great. :) The helment does look like it will take a beating.I hate that BUNGIE made those spartan helments in halo 3.Hate it,that will be only one of two that I will accept...so far...wait,make that three.

PS: It still looks more O.D.S.T. than spartan.

The mudglassing helps to eliminate a lot of the bubbles and what not that you run into when you use just fiberglass. Next time I do it, I don't think I will resin the inside if I am going to mudglass. It really is rock solid. Its hard to sand, but for the most part you don't have to deal with it too much. I got some sanding and bondo work done today. I have most of the top done, I would continue, but I ran out of Bondo and it started to rain outside, so it will have to wait until tomorrow to finish it. I like the way it is coming together. I am really wishing I had a palm sander, I am having to do this all by hand. Heres the pics. Tell me what you think:

IMG_5599.jpg

I layed down a thin layer of bondo, sanded it smooth, and found a few low spots that needed to be built so I added some more, and polished it up

IMG_5600.jpg

Had to sand down the recessed areas forever. They had some high points, and the Rondo is some dense hard stuff. I sanded them down almost smooth so I could look for low spots. I will finish those up later once I have more bondo.

The weight isn't bad. Its about the same as a motorcycle helmet, and it is balanced. Once it is done and the helmet liner is in, you wouldn't even notice. I am not too worried about the weight, I am going to mold this one so even if it were 20, it wouldn't matter too much.

I'd recommend holding off on the molding until we get a few better screenshot close ups of the helmet, unless you're set on getting it molded on the spot.

But it's a really nice looking helmet, I'd like to know how you had the patience to finish those inner circle parts on the ear >.<

I'm not going to mold it as it is now. I have to finish with the bondo and detail first, and still have lots of little things I want to do there. Once that has been completed, then I will mold it. I was looking at the reference pics, there are a lot of little details not in the pep, and there are some inconsistancies as well. Nothing that can't be fixed with some bondo work though. Tomorrow is off to the store to get more bondo, resin, and some double sided foamies.

ODST 276 said:
That is looking good.No,I mean great. :) The helment does look like it will take a beating.I hate that BUNGIE made those spartan helments in halo 3.Hate it,that will be only one of two that I will accept...so far...wait,make that three.

PS: It still looks more O.D.S.T. than spartan.

to the bold: Wha? what are you talking about lol?

Helmet looks real good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back