Reach EOD helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about sending them. I've had a brainstorm and I'm working on something subtly different to go in the same place. I'll post pics once I've got them done. Mostly I was hoping you could post pics of the labels or else post the labels themselves.

EDIT: I'm not sure what I'm going to go with, but it'll likely be one of these:
6803685947_71c0fcbb5a_m.jpg

6803685997_ea1e11369f_m.jpg

6803685891_bd8e65be62_m.jpg

I've seen a few people do Eod's (me included, was my first attempt)and this looks incredible.
In total how many hours did you put into this?

Don't worry about sending them. I've had a brainstorm and I'm working on something subtly different to go in the same place. I'll post pics once I've got them done. Mostly I was hoping you could post pics of the labels or else post the labels themselves.

EDIT: I'm not sure what I'm going to go with, but it'll likely be one of these:
6803685947_71c0fcbb5a_m.jpg

6803685997_ea1e11369f_m.jpg

6803685891_bd8e65be62_m.jpg
Man those look really great, I like the fact that they have a humor side to them, the one I put on the helmet is unreadable, Thanks for posting them up for us to see

I've seen a few people do Eod's (me included, was my first attempt)and this looks incredible.
In total how many hours did you put into this?

Im not sure how many hours I put into finishing it, I think it was around 2 weeks with a few hours here and there, I know when i was building the EOD I was also asked to build the MKV A helemt for a fan film so that slowed me down some but the average helmet takes me around 2 weeks to complete working on it a few hours a day

hallo
nice job
could you give me a link where I can buy the liquid black plastic for the cast
i`ve been looking for something like this for month

hallo
nice job
could you give me a link where I can buy the liquid black plastic for the cast
i`ve been looking for something like this for month

Im just using Smooth Cast 320 and adding in so-strong black color dye to the neutral plastic for the black color look, you can get Smooth Cast ONYX which is already black but it cost more than 320, I don't have the link at the moment I would just look up Smooth on urethane and it should come up on google

I still need to print out all of the decals for the markings, but I'm getting close to done with my kit:
6836991013_ce4dc362a7_o.jpg

I'm very happy with it and Hyperballistik is a pleasure to deal with. If you're on the fence about getting anything from him, I'd have no problem giving him my endorsement.

Thorssoli,

Wow, you did a really good job painting the EOD bucket, love the weathering effect and I can not wait to get my hands on mine.

-Dutch

I still need to print out all of the decals for the markings, but I'm getting close to done with my kit:
6836991013_ce4dc362a7_o.jpg

I'm very happy with it and Hyperballistik is a pleasure to deal with. If you're on the fence about getting anything from him, I'd have no problem giving him my endorsement.

Thanks thorssoli, also the helmet looks great, Please post pics when you complete it, looks like the green color is popular

After a month of work I am finally done with my EOD Helmet. Please note that this is my first time I have ever done this.

Here is me wearing the helmet.
6778163648_bf1371fc3c_o.jpg

Side view (Sorry about the bad photo I don't have a light tent big enough.
6924279675_629f68ca22_o.jpg

-Dutch

Looks good man, you still need to put the little things that go on the front nose part, best way to attach them is with either hot glue or epoxy putty

Looks good man, you still need to put the little things that go on the front nose part, best way to attach them is with either hot glue or epoxy putty
I decided not to attach those because A, I did not like the way they looked B, they don't really fit that well on the helmet.

-Dutch

how in the .... i mean it looks fricken perfect!!! it makes me want to start mine over completely. holy crap! and the bondo! how did you get it to look all nice and smooth and even and stuff? its like you just dipped it in a vat of bondo an bam! perfect helmet! my mind is officially blown. i am at a complete loss of words. you sir are a better man than i.

Im not sure if your talking about Dutchs casting or the actual EOD helmet I built, all i did was add bondo where it needed it and sanded away, after working with Bondo for so long, Its like second nature to me

As always:
Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your work & others like yours, inspire us (noobs) to try harder & not to settle for "almost good enough".
I think I'm speaking for many when I say: "Thanks for the inspiration".

As always:
Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your work & others like yours, inspire us (noobs) to try harder & not to settle for "almost good enough".
I think I'm speaking for many when I say: "Thanks for the inspiration".

Thanks, I appreciate the comment........ But I also think you do some amazing foam work that others look at and want to achive the same results and to top it off you scratch build it, that is some serious talent and your builds are fun to watch to see what you come up with next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back