Reach Launch Event - Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless Son

So earlier today the Halo Waypoint Twitter feed confirmed that there will be a public launch party for Halo: Reach next Monday in Seattle. It will be at the Experience Music Project (as it was for Halo 2 and for Halo 3: ODST) and much like the previous two events, I plan to be in attendance in full armor.

Who else in the greater Seattle area is planning on attending this event? I hope some Washington-state members can attend, there were only a few people in costume at the ODST launch and it would be great to see more quality armor on display.

And incidentally, for those on the east coast, there is another such event taking place in New York. Details on that one can be found here, the details on the EMP event will be announced soon.

[EDIT]: Some more official information has been forthcoming. Here is the official Facebook event page for this launch party. The description text from that page is quoted below:

To help ring in the launch of Halo: Reach, Microsoft Game Studios, Bungie and 343 Industries is throwing launch night party in downtown Seattle. Complete with gaming stations featuring playable Reach game modes, personalities from Bungie and 343i, tournaments, prizes, game demos and more.

The event will be held at the Experience Music Project, the same site as last year’s Halo 3: ODST Launch Event, and will be open to the public.... Full details are below…

WHAT: Halo: Reach Launch Event - Seattle

DATE: Monday, September 13th, 2010

TIME: 5:00-10PM (Pacific)

Seattle, WA 98109-4630
(206) 770-2700
http://www.empsfm.org/

ATTENDEES: Members of Bungie Studios and 343 Industries
Open to the General Public (must be at least 17-years of age, or accompanied by a parent).

ARRIVAL: Attendees must wait until the day of the event (9/13) to begin lining up for admittance.

DETAILS: West coast “Halo” fans will have the opportunity to celebrate the arrival of this year’s most anticipated game on Sept. 13 at the Experience Music Project | Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame in Seattle. Developers from Bungie and 343 Industries will greet fans and join the countdown to launch, while attendees can play “Halo: Reach” early and compete in tournaments to win coveted “Halo” prizes.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Fearless for posting this. I've been searching for a Launch Party date since Bungie set a release date for Reach and I hadn't found one. I don't have any armor finished yet so I won't attend in armor, but I hope to attend none the less.

I forgot to ask my question. Do you know about what time a person should get to EMP in order to make sure they get in? I'm travelling from 5+ hours away and I didn't want to waste my time and gas getting there if I don't get in. I know the ODST launch was pretty packed and I believe they were turning people away.

Thanks

Looking forward to seeing you guys there, I will be in my ODST outfit.

As for the time of the event, the description does not say exactly when it will take place. I expect it will be similar to the ODST launch event last year, officially starting around six and going for two or three hours, but the lines will be going long before that. Some people will show up in the early morning, but I doubt that the line will start getting very long until four or so, thus I recommend that you start lining up around that time. Plan on being in the area by the early afternoon and you should be fine.

I expect more specific details from Friday's weekly update on Bungie.net.

Looks like we made it on Bungie's weekly update last week:

IMG_7148.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back