Props Reach M45 Tactical Shotgun Scratchbuild - Cardboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! looks awesome :D Isn't there a sliced model? that would be easier, by Dad has some 1/4 inch wood you could probably have.

Hey! looks awesome :D Isn't there a sliced model? that would be easier, by Dad has some 1/4 inch wood you could probably have.

A sliced model wouldnt give me the detail I want to achieve by scratch building. I originally wanted to amke it out of wood though, but didnt have any. Maybe you and your brother could try making your own out of the wood your father has. I'd liek to see how it turns out.

Great job on the Shotgun! However, how do you plan covering the areas in which corrugated cardboard insides are exposed?

Update time!

looks so complicated
It is a little bit, but I find this easier than pepping any weapon.

ahh! This build has so much swag!
Thanks man, all your props look WAAAY better than mine! Keep that going. Cant wait to see the DMR finished

Great job on the Shotgun! However, how do you plan covering the areas in which corrugated cardboard insides are exposed?
Thanks, and what areas are you speaking about? The end piece by the barrels?

Okay guys, I finally have something worth showing you:
m45_wip_10_by_izaak94-d4s9doi.png

I've been working a lot on the functioning portions of the shotgun. Whats I have here is the beginning of the top barrel/ sights. It has a metal pipe running through it that will connect to the injector port, so I can load dummy shells into it. The end cap can pop right off so I can get the rounds out, and it is held on by friction. Once I finish the details of this portion (rail, sights, etc) I will work on the injector port.
After taht its off to working on the pump area

Also, here's work on the stock
m45_11_by_izaak94-d4s9dvj.jpg

I'ts basically done, except a piece on the grip which I will do later.

Close up of the top portion:
m45_wip_12_by_izaak94-d4s9e6o.jpg

The scissors are there to prop up the piece, since its rounded. It would fall backwards without it, and I thought that wouldn't look good in a picture.

Well, hope you all enjoyed, and will stick around to see the rest of the updates.

Dude that shotty is baller, your cardboard skills are definitely top notch, I was gonna build one, but I figured I'd just come break in and take yours! :p

Dude that shotty is baller, your cardboard skills are definitely top notch, I was gonna build one, but I figured I'd just come break in and take yours! :p
Thanks! I plan to put in some more work on it tonight. I'd like to see how you build a shotgun, after seeing how well you made your M6 and M392.

ANd dont break into my house! I have a whole armory to stop you! Wait, never mind, those are all fake LOL

Thanks! I plan to put in some more work on it tonight. I'd like to see how you build a shotgun, after seeing how well you made your M6 and M392.

ANd dont break into my house! I have a whole armory to stop you! Wait, never mind, those are all fake LOL

haha i cant wait to start it! Im trying to finish my dmr completely before i start up another project though!

Updates! 3/10/12

Alright, not so much on this update you guys, mostly cause I was playing Skyrim :p
But I'm proud of what I got done, and want to show you all.

This is everything I have so far:
m45_wip_13_by_izaak94-d4sd86c.jpg

Here is a closer pic of the top rail/sights portion.
m45_wip_14_by_izaak94-d4sd8af.jpg

I made the side vents and such by layering two pieces of cut templates over the flat piece. I like the result, but there were some issues, they are barely noticeable though. There are still some pieces to add to it before I can call those done, then I will move on to the rail and sights.

Another angle for ya:
m45_wip_15_by_izaak94-d4sd8j8.jpg

Here you can see the butt plate of the stock, which I'm very proud of. That stock piece took me an entire day to make!

Also, I like how the barrel plug came out, so here's a detail shot of it
m45_wip_16_by_izaak94-d4sd8p1.jpg

Well guys, that's it so far, but I plan to do a lot of work over the weekend, so expect more updates! Hope you like it, and please, comment and stick around to see the rest of it!

I don't know how you're doing all that tiny detail with cardboard but keep it up. Everything's looking damn fine.

Wow Sgt, this is looking amazing, i figured id stop on by after you mentioning you working on a shotty in kwameninjas thread and man im being blown away. The details look fantastic and everything is comming together really nicely. Keep up the great work man.

Updates: 3/11/12

I don't know how you're doing all that tiny detail with cardboard but keep it up. Everything's looking damn fine.
Thank you , the detailing is the fun part, even if it is a bit difficult. ANd I plan to see thsi project through.

Wow Sgt, this is looking amazing, i figured id stop on by after you mentioning you working on a shotty in kwameninjas thread and man im being blown away. The details look fantastic and everything is comming together really nicely. Keep up the great work man.
Thanks, its great that everyone loves this build. Its my first ever scratch build , and I wanted to make it as accurate as possible.

Okay so here are some pics. Its a very minimal update, but I thought you all would like to see it.
m45_wip_17_by_izaak94-d4skjy9.jpg

Back Sight - finished
m45_wip_18_by_izaak94-d4skk15.jpg

Forward Sight - WIP
m45_wip_19_by_izaak94-d4skk5y.jpg

After I finish the forward sight, all that's left for this piece is the rail and a few minor details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back