Reach Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
WWWOOOWWW!!!! awesome noble6 armor, what did you do with the DMR that you started? very awesome work :D

I just left the DMR as it was, it's way too heavy, not even detailed and massive lol

here's some pictures of me at a Halo Reach event in Toronto :D

P1110047.jpg

4960869082_f4301051ae_o.jpg

poor stomach plate misfortune lol :(

That is BAD-ASS everyone at game stop is gonna be amazed

i plan to go to the midnight release in an O.D.S.T costume or Jun Noble 3

I have some pictures of my completed armour from the Halo Reach Midnight Release

017.jpg

014.jpg

012-2.jpg

to be honest, I'm really proud of my work. Especially as a first set of armour.
It has opened my eyes to armour making and realize how much time, money, patience and dedication it takes to complete a suit.
My armour had no bondo except the helmet, but it worked the hell out of me. With a limited amount of money and time it was tough. I have learned so much from various things from products, painting techniques, Rondo, Resining, Bondo, Sanding, fiberglass, dremeling and much more. Now everytime I see a suit completed, I can see the dedication it took to even make forearms or something simple. Looking back, I started pepping my helmet on May 3rd (day of Halo Reach Beta) and ended around mid august for some Reach events.

So the full entire costume took me around less than 4 months. And maybeee around $350 in materials. Resin, Rondo, Paintbrushes, gloves, sanders, sandpaper, cardstock, glue gun, glue sticks, Bondo, Fiberglass Cloth, LED's, 9'v, 9v connectors, wires, heatshrink tubes, plexi glass, like 15 cans of spray paint, gold motorcycle visor, helmet fans, padding, and anything else I'm missing.

It was an awesome experience and I'm already planning a cool new project :)

I have some pictures of my completed armour from the Halo Reach Midnight Release

017.jpg

014.jpg

012-2.jpg

to be honest, I'm really proud of my work. Especially as a first set of armour.
It has opened my eyes to armour making and realize how much time, money, patience and dedication it takes to complete a suit.
My armour had no bondo except the helmet, but it worked the hell out of me. With a limited amount of money and time it was tough. I have learned so much from various things from products, painting techniques, Rondo, Resining, Bondo, Sanding, fiberglass, dremeling and much more. Now everytime I see a suit completed, I can see the dedication it took to even make forearms or something simple. Looking back, I started pepping my helmet on May 3rd (day of Halo Reach Beta) and ended around mid august for some Reach events.

So the full entire costume took me around less than 4 months. And maybeee around $500 in materials. Resin, Rondo, Paintbrushes, gloves, sanders, sandpaper, cardstock, glue gun, glue sticks, Bondo, Fiberglass Cloth, LED's, 9'v, 9v connectors, wires, heatshrink tubes, plexi glass, like 15 cans of spray paint, gold motorcycle visor, helmet fans, padding, and anything else I'm missing.

It was an awesome experience and I'm already planning a cool new project :)

I totaly agree with you:) You made an awesome suit! I have been here for over a year and I still haven't finished a suitXD And I even got my own workspace now in our shed:p I can't wait to see what you are working on next^_^

Yes that is by far the coolest one I've seen... Could you show me how you nodded that to get your iPhone securely in place?

This is really really amazing work, especially for it being your first time. I'm glad I came across this thread.

Got any advise on the thighs? Mine happen to be at about 26in in circumference at my inseam and slightly more than 18" right about where my knee bends. My thigh also happens to be 15" from my inseam down to the inner side of my knee where you can feel the bone. So would you happen to have any suggestions as to what size I should look into for the thighs since you have come to be familiar with that section of armor?

This is really really amazing work, especially for it being your first time. I'm glad I came across this thread.

Got any advise on the thighs? Mine happen to be at about 26in in circumference at my inseam and slightly more than 18" right about where my knee bends. My thigh also happens to be 15" from my inseam down to the inner side of my knee where you can feel the bone. So would you happen to have any suggestions as to what size I should look into for the thighs since you have come to be familiar with that section of armor?

thank you :p
Thighs were tough for me. I had to redo the thighs because I had the length good and everything, but when I rondoed, it warped and my thighs wouldn't fit through. Definatly add more reinforcement on the thighs because the inner armour strap snapped because I was walking so much. Make sure you can walk with the thigh piece on, and imagine a shin at the bottom sticking out. For sizing, since theres a knee pad, measure maybe an inch and a half from the top of your knee cap to around alittle below your waist.

your armor gave me lots of ideas on what i am able to acomplish, and plan out for a first time armor its amazing! i can only hope my first helmet or armor pieces can stand up to that great job wish i got to take home one of the box displays at launch

your armor gave me lots of ideas on what i am able to acomplish, and plan out for a first time armor its amazing! i can only hope my first helmet or armor pieces can stand up to that great job wish i got to take home one of the box displays at launch

thank you so much, if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me or leave a message on my profile. I went just acouple of days ago to pick up a 5 foot cardboard Reach standee.
Now is when they start to throw it out so they give them out for free :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back