Reach WIP Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingerthethird

So I'm new here (Obviously) and my brother and I have started Reach builds in hopes we can complete them before Halloween. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to enlist some help from friends to reach that deadline now.

We jumped right in with the pepakura method (Yay indy mogul) and have been cutting forms for about a month now, but after spending some time lurking today, I'm a little worried we wasted our time, and I had a two questions. Normally I would search for these, but I'm at work and have probably already spent more time than I should perusing the forums, and since I have a hideous deadline, I'm hoping someone will take pity.

1. I'm 5'11", do I need to worry excessively about scaling the pep cutouts? This is what's made me concerned I wasted my March, as I already have some parts mostly finished, and I might need to scrap them.

2. I have pep files for the thighs and shoulder, but these are only for the right or left side. How can I go about mirroring the cutouts?

Regardless of these questions, I'd like to start a wip thread to try and keep myself accountable and on schedule.

1. I'm 5'11", do I need to worry excessively about scaling the pep cutouts? This is what's made me concerned I wasted my March, as I already have some parts mostly finished, and I might need to scrap them.

2. I have pep files for the thighs and shoulder, but these are only for the right or left side. How can I go about mirroring the cutouts?

Regardless of these questions, I'd like to start a wip thread to try and keep myself accountable and on schedule.

1. Don't know, I'm not too good with those medieval units you guys use over there. Just check if they fit, if you've already build them. If not, do the scaling now, and if you discover that you are building a completely wrong size, start over.
  2. Invert the pattern before printing.
  3. Remember that WIP threads need pictures. There's also no need to keep yourself "accountable" - it's a hobby, nobody here will sue you if you miss your deadline.
Here's some more reading material: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30542-NOOB-reading-list
Have fun.

Your height doesn't strictly matter; what matters is if the individual parts fit the body part they are for. In general, one should at least check the size of a piece before printing, even if it may not need to be scaled up or down. I hope you've been test fitting the pieces during your progress, and if you think they are the correct size, then you're ok.

Post some (good quality) photos of your pieces, either wearing them or near your body so we can get an idea of their size, and we can help you decide if they are the correct size or not.

For future reference, here's a quick scaling tutorial I made so you can get the general idea behind scaling:
Tutorial: Simple Armor Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back