Recon Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo 1

Hey 405th,

Managed to acquire this recently, a flawed V2 casting. Got on the PM and asked Dave [Ithica] about it, and was told that it was a flawed casting due to circumstances. Anyhow, it was front heavy with an excess of polyurethane plastic and when worn, kept flipping forward. It needed some real heavy duty TLC to get it right.

Managed to remove about 300gms of excess polyurethane plastic from the front, cleaned it up, filled and sanded it down, fiberglassed the inside to give it some strength, primed and painted. Needs a little more weathering, especially around the nicked areas and all. This helm will look like it has seen some major combat. :)

Anyhow, this helmet will soon be owned by our very own Calliopeia [aka Sue/Cortana] here on the boards.

Without further adieu...I present...The V2 Recon Helmet reborn:

First Impressions, look at how fracking thick that front was!

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

Removing the excess and reshaping the bottom lip:

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

Stripped the old paintjob:

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4208.jpg

IMG_4209.jpg

Fiberglassed and the 'slimmer' front:

11092009096.jpg

When that was finally done, the end result, with a little weathering thrown in. More weathering to follow in abit.

11092009095.jpg

11092009097.jpg

11092009099.jpg

Stay safe,

Tim.

fantastic!!

seems u put in a lota work, but result is top notch, hope the rest of the weathering comes out as u start of.

now i wanna see the finnished result :)

regards

Psy

Looks fandamntastic to me! The ONLY thing that you could have done was lessen the number of lines on the vent to 5. But that's the ONLY thing.

mc hammer time said:
Looks fandamntastic to me! The ONLY thing that you could have done was lessen the number of lines on the vent to 5. But that's the ONLY thing.

That is a V2 Recon hence the amunt of lines. I corrected that and made the V3 Recon. He has done a tremendous job on the V2. Keep in mind there are limited V2 so they are rare. Here is an image of V3.

Dare.jpg

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back