[RELEASE] Halo 4 Armour Assets

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey arcanine, i've just recently downloaded the the warrior pack. i've imported the whole male warrior armor set, plus the XG29 narrow legs. the program that i'm using is DAZ Studio 4.6. i was able to scale the torso and helmet, and then conform it to the GENESIS 2 male model. basically, when i use different poses with the model the helmet and torso move with the head, and torso of the male model accordingly. problem is with the arms set, and legs set. i can't quite seem to conform them to the figure, because when you rotate the arm, or leg, the corresponding arm rotates also. i guess what i'm trying to say is that i need individual objects like the butt pad, thighs, and feet to be separate from each other. same with the arms. does that make any sense?

hey arcanine, i've just recently downloaded the the warrior pack. i've imported the whole male warrior armor set, plus the XG29 narrow legs. the program that i'm using is DAZ Studio 4.6. i was able to scale the torso and helmet, and then conform it to the GENESIS 2 male model. basically, when i use different poses with the model the helmet and torso move with the head, and torso of the male model accordingly. problem is with the arms set, and legs set. i can't quite seem to conform them to the figure, because when you rotate the arm, or leg, the corresponding arm rotates also. i guess what i'm trying to say is that i need individual objects like the butt pad, thighs, and feet to be separate from each other. same with the arms. does that make any sense?

Not a single idea of what you're going on about. Send me a PM with some screenshots and I'll try to figure out what you mean.

I get ya. Yes you need to separate the meshes, should be very simple, just look for a detach tool or something. (sorry never use the program)

Hey guys. Sorry I've been quiet for so long on the asset front, I haven't really felt well enough to sit around and pull stuff from the games and spend the time working on re-naming and tagging it all.

With that said - what are your thoughts on my making available sound files, for those who want to create soundboards for their builds? I'm able to get sounds for weapons and armour quite easily - so, for example, people will be able to soundboard their armour during a shield cycle, or set up the firing effects for their favoured weaponry.

Please leave a response and, if there's enough demand for the resources, I'll try and make some time to get the work done. Until then, I'm reviewing the work I've done so far, and ascertaining what's left to be done before I begin doing 'extra' work.

It's not something I've ever done or even know how to do, but that does sound pretty cool.

Sound is a great idea! Having the announcer would be pretty neat too if you can manage it.

I'd have to see about that. There are literally hundreds of files for the announcer, so that may not be feasible unless I host the resource pack off-site. I'll have to see how large each individual file is and how many I can compress into the 5Mb file limit for .ZIP archives. I may have to convert from lossless WAV format into MP3 to cut down the size somewhat.

Hey Arcanine. I was wondering if you might have the Halo 4 Aviator torso pdo. File...
ive been hunting throughout the 405th and can't seem to find it. If you have a link to the pdo, could I please have it?
if it hasn't been unfolded, could you please unfold it as it is the last section of my armour I require.
cheers...

Hey Arcanine. I was wondering if you might have the Halo 4 Aviator torso pdo. File...
ive been hunting throughout the 405th and can't seem to find it. If you have a link to the pdo, could I please have it?
if it hasn't been unfolded, could you please unfold it as it is the last section of my armour I require.
cheers...

See:

Don't think it's unfolded. You can find it in Crimmson's thread on the first page. That would be (File it under Crimmson) thread. Here is the link to the file. http://www.mediafire.com/?8sz11dcj682v40o.

90% of the things I personally have posted aren't unfolded, nor are they really suitable for Pepakura without some serious modifications. People like Crimmson are the ones you need to ask about getting that sort of thing done.

Double Post: The Caffeine-Fuelled Hype Edition:

I've figured out why the Halo 4 weapons packs are so bloated - it's because, for some reason, the models feature two or even three duplicates in one file. I can strip out the useless gubbins and re-upload these weapons at a lower file-size, which SHOULD allow me to make packs with the relevant texture maps now.

Anybody who's interested, please leave either a message or a Like to this post, and I can judge whether putting up the raw texture assets will be worth my time.

TRIPLE POST: THE 'RUM-FUELLED CHERRY' EDITION

I've stripped out the useless guff in the weapons files that needed it - in some cases, the file size has been reduced by half or more. Once I've pulled the relevant texture maps for each file, I'll append the files to their relevant folders and put revised copies up on the Archive. That should clean up my raw assets archives for a while, at least - I'm sure that there may be things I've missed, but I'll be happy enough with knowing that at least some parts are complete. After this, I'll be working on sound files and re-populating the Archive.

I really should make a dedicated thread for this sort of stuff, micro-managing three or four threads is beginning to become tiresome. Watch this space for a more comprehensive 'What's Going On' thread at some point.

I'll save you from a quadruple post! :p

As far as the weapons go, I have a question.
You mentioned stripping out the useless guff.

Does that include any gun internals? As in, are you leaving the models so that they are only the outer shell and nothing more?

For instance, with the M6H I would think that there are polygons associated with the area that you can see when you fire the gun and the slide kicks back. I hope that makes sense, and I might be mistaken, it is possible there aren't any polygons to represent the inside of the gun, I'm not looking at the model currently.

You mentioned stripping out the useless guff.

Does that include any gun internals? As in, are you leaving the models so that they are only the outer shell and nothing more?

No. I have neither the time nor the patience to go ahead and do that level of editing for these files - as I think I've expressed, time and again, these files are intended as raw resources for other people to make use of. If you wanted to strip out the internal gub and make the file suitable for either Pepakura assembly or 3D printing, that's up to you - I'm simply putting these files up for people to do that.

All I did for this release was fix issues with weapon files containing duplicate meshes - this cut down on the overall file size. Tomorrow I'll be dedicating some time towards building up an archive of raw texture files for armours and weapons - assuming I can cut down on the file size enough to make a 405th File Archive release viable. I'm looking at the Halo 4 Air Assault raw texture pack and finding that the file size will be over double the allowance of the 405th's upload policy - combine that over 45 folders and you can begin to see quite how much of a logistical nightmare this is turning out for me to be. I don't simply want this set to be dumped on Dropbox and forgotten about.

I'll keep you all posted, naturally - I may be able to work something out with Art and get a section with special permissions for larger uploads.

I am not sure where else to ask this but I was using Chernobyl's complete halo 4 texture pack I noticed that many of the other armors had their respective alternate textures but there was no gungnir pulse, would anyone here know where I could find those textures? scouring the internet has left me blank.

I am not sure where else to ask this but I was using Chernobyl's complete halo 4 texture pack I noticed that many of the other armors had their respective alternate textures but there was no gungnir pulse, would anyone here know where I could find those textures? scouring the internet has left me blank.

Should be in there. Otherwise, I've attached the file for you below.

Attachments

• GUNGNIR Pulse.zip
    558 KB · Views: 321
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back