Resin Jelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altair651

Is resin jelly a good method for strengthening? Note I am planning on substituting it for fiberglass. =0

well aside from the fact that it sounds like your gonna use a jelly fish to resin your work Haha jk :p... it is not a good idea, fiber glass is a lot stronger.

//jeremy

DevilFish101 said:
well aside from the fact that it sounds like your gonna use a jelly fish to resin your work Haha jk :p... it is not a good idea, fiber glass is a lot stronger.

//jeremy

:( poor jellyfish lol but ya i agree fiber glass is a better solution to strong Armour

Last edited by a moderator:
man trust me stick to fiber glass, its a lot stronger, and a lot more sturdy, or you could carbon fiber it if you have a lota money, and connections willing to do it haha

//Jeremy

Short answer: It depends.

Long answer: Resin jelly can be used as both a replacement to standard resin (Timecon used jelly on his Chief suit), and as a replacement to Bondo (DocBytes uses it here). However, when you say without fiberglass, I'm assuming you mean you don't want to use either mat or cloth. If you try to stregthen your armor with this stuff, it will be like filling your piece with Bondo, and will weigh a TON. This doesn't matter if you mold it, but you'll need a whole lot of jelly. So unless you plan on molding this and spending a big chunk of cash on resin jelly, I'd say nay.

What I suggest is use jelly and fiberglass. Smear the jelly on, then lay the glass down. The glass lets you use a lot less jelly, and the jelly reinforces tiny areas that may be too hard for the glass to reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back