Revised M6 G/g Nlr File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
Right. Since it'll probably be a while before the weather improves and I can get back to work on my SPARTAN-II project, I figured I'd turn my hand at working on something else I've been wanting to build for a while - the M6 Grindell/Galilean Non-Linear Rifle, or SPARTAN Laser. Problem is, the file on offer isn't particularly good, so I figured I'd use my skills in Maya to clean the file up a bit. Mostly it's stuff like cleaned-up edges, open faces closed off, unnecessary edges removed - it should reduce the difficulty of the build somewhat.

laser2pointoh.png

Bear in mind that this file isn't 100% finished yet - I still have to work on some of the minor detail as floating faces - the lens cap supports, the vents, and the rearward battery compartments. But since the final version is only a few hours from completion, I figured I'd slip up a near-finished version for your evaluation.

Get your sampler here: http://www.4shared.com/file/155980383/9dafea72/M6_Spartan_Laser.html

I'll post the finished version up when it's done. Enjoy!

Wow looking great so far! I looked at the one previously on offer and decided against building it for the obvious reasons. However I'll definitely be attempting the final version of this! :p

Stranky

MAJOR UPDATE

FINAL VERSION AVAILABLE HERE

The file's reached a position I'd call more-or-less 'complete' - there are a few minor edits I'll make for my own purposes, such as support struts and the like, but I'm happy to throw this one out to the general public for an unfold.

For those truly concerned, I'll post the modifications:

- Major cleanup of unnecessary edges

- Major reworking of faces (no more open edges/impossible edges)

- Vents, lens/barrel, lens cap supports and rearward battery compartment handles added as floating pieces

- Some areas smoothed out and made less complex

- Width altered slightly to make the weapon a little closer to an accurate scale

If the original file creator would step forwards, I'd gladly give credit for the original file. And if the Mods would be so kind as to boot this topic over to the Pepakura section where it belongs, it'd be even better.

Im so temoted to make this ting but my mom would kill me. I have to mutch card stock laying around as it is.

agbates said:
This looks strangely like nuggets spartan laser...

he said he didnt make it he said he edited it cleaned the open edges up and it does look better then the one on the wiki but it is the same none the less but thank sto this smoother one i might have a winter project on my hands

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Fang said:
he said he didnt make it he said he edited it cleaned the open edges up and it does look better then the one on the wiki but it is the same none the less but thank sto this smoother one i might have a winter project on my hands

Oh whoops I guess I misread it. Just make sure when you post it though you give credit to nugget though as well as yourself.

agbates said:
Oh whoops I guess I misread it. Just make sure when you post it though you give credit to nugget though as well as yourself.

Oh, wait! What's that? Harken back to my previous posts!

Arcanine said:
If the original file creator would step forwards, I'd gladly give credit for the original file. And if the Mods would be so kind as to boot this topic over to the Pepakura section where it belongs, it'd be even better.

Until I know for certain who the original creator is, I'm not going to put final credit on the file, for fear of mis-crediting and tweaking people's noses.

On that vein: anybody wanting to go for a build of this might want to hang on. I've made a few extremely minor revisions to the file and unfolded it - granted, the paper size is A4, but I'm pretty certain that a little shifting about would give a decent Letter file. I should have the file uploaded for tomorrow, as well as a peek at my next project.

Also, DarkFang: I'm female :p

DylanMarx said:
Anyone Unfolding?

Why, yes! In fact, I said so myself earlier, if you'd like to read, or for ease of your poor, overburdened eyes:

Arcanine said:
I've made a few extremely minor revisions to the file and unfolded it - granted, the paper size is A4. I should have the file uploaded for tomorrow.

Look, I really, really hate to say this, because it's going to sound extremely rude, but:

Read the topic fully before responding, to save me the hassle of having to answer your questions again. And stop waiting on people to pander to your needs constantly - if you can't wait for something, get out there and have a go yourself. That's what I did, and now you're benefitting from my hard work. So, give something back to people rather than expecting handouts all the time - I might not be so generous with my next file.

Anyways, here you go as promised: my Spartan Laser rework, in A4 format:

http://www.4shared.com/file/163480062/27ac6834/Spartan_laser_Arcanine_A4.html

Check back tomorrow for a peep at my next file.

Hi there, before you go off releasing your edit of a model, done by a well known modeler on these parts have you contacted him to get permission yet? He might not be to happy with you editing his model and re-releasing it... Chances are he will say sure go right ahead, but you really should contact him and get permission before you post this model.

p.s. love the sarcasm in your posts, ya got spunk kid.

Uh.... thanks, I think?

TL;DR version: sure, although as far as I can really see, since I've given credit for the original AND I haven't claimed it as my own work, that should be good enough. The files are out there for use, and it's a lot better than some people would do - you tell me just how many people have downloaded the file and not even thanked the creator for it, let alone the extreme minority that have attempted a build of it.

Credit's where it's due - Nugget made the file. Thanks, Nugget. Arcanine made the file more pep-friendly, thanks me.

In any case: as I promised, my next file. A lot of you might remember Legendary Armor and the awesome work they did - now you have a chance to replicate some of their work in pep form:

legendaryma5c.jpg

Original file is used from the low-definition MA5 file available on the Wiki - used to generate an ease of building while still giving a decent amount of detail. There are a few problems with the file in Pepakura that need to be sorted, and some floating faces added for detail - as soon as I have a beta available I'll post a dedicated topic for you all to have a gander at and critique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back