Rheiner's Spartan IV Build!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you making Watcher? That looks like one of it's wings,.. Sorta.

Loving this build; AND you color palette.
I like what you did with airsoft BBs, though I noticed some excess glue around them. If I may make a recommendation: Make the initial hole for the BB with the tip of your hot glue gun; It should leave the hole with a small coat of glue, the perfect amount to secure the BB.
Anyways, keep rockin' with the build man! I look forward to updates.

Ryan M-82

Good guess, but it's Space Core from Portal 2! I guess I was really vague when I put that up on a Halo costuming site without specifying... Haha a little bit of a derp moment!

But yeah, he's coming along pretty well!
11297896966_b539fb1140_o.jpg

That being said, NEVER EVER try to fiberglass a paper mache ball. Biggest PITA I've ever had to deal with!

And thanks for the tip about making the hole with the hot glue tip, that is definitely a more effective way. I'm probably going to either redo them, or take out the Exacto set :p

Good guess, but it's Space Core from Portal 2! I guess I was really vague when I put that up on a Halo costuming site without specifying... Haha a little bit of a derp moment!

But yeah, he's coming along pretty well!
11297896966_b539fb1140_o.jpg

That being said, NEVER EVER try to fiberglass a paper mache ball. Biggest PITA I've ever had to deal with!

And thanks for the tip about making the hole with the hot glue tip, that is definitely a more effective way. I'm probably going to either redo them, or take out the Exacto set :p

Well if it didn't turn out the way you wanted try pepping this: http://www.4shared.com/file/ZV1dhmm6/sphere.html
It's just a basic sphere. I'd recommend cutting it in half after you resin it and glass it that way. Should be much cleaner than paper mache.
Looks good, though. Never played Portal but I know what you're making. Haha.

-Ryan M-82

Hey Rheiner, I absolutely love that you have colored and crafted the armor you actually use on-line, not enough people make the actual improvised custom stuff. It looks awesome by the way, the light rifle as well.
for the Portal personality core... I would suggest making a couple of spheres, and then cutting them apart and slide them back over each other since the ones in portal are layered as well. It takes some time but the result is probably worth it.

Good Day!, Marvin

Hey Rheiner, I absolutely love that you have colored and crafted the armor you actually use on-line, not enough people make the actual improvised custom stuff. It looks awesome by the way, the light rifle as well.
for the Portal personality core... I would suggest making a couple of spheres, and then cutting them apart and slide them back over each other since the ones in portal are layered as well. It takes some time but the result is probably worth it.

Good Day!, Marvin

Thank you! It means a lot. I really like the feeling of actually "being" that Spartan on the screen. That's a great idea for the personality core, I may even do just that. I'm learning quite quickly that quality really does reside in how much time is put into the project.

By the way, that radio you made is SWEET!

Well if it didn't turn out the way you wanted try pepping this: http://www.4shared.com/file/ZV1dhmm6/sphere.html
It's just a basic sphere. I'd recommend cutting it in half after you resin it and glass it that way. Should be much cleaner than paper mache.
Looks good, though. Never played Portal but I know what you're making. Haha.

-Ryan M-82

Thanks for the link, I'll probably put one or two together and see how it goes. I recently discovered Portal just by cruising on XBLA and I heard it was a great
game all over the place, so I bought it. GLaDOS is probably my favorite video game character now, followed closely by Samus and Master Chief. I've always liked armored characters, no idea why :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back