Rigid Wrap As A Strengthening Medium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow1336

Well hello 405th! I'm new to the forum, but a vetran of the whole prop-making buisness. It may surprise you, but i'm 14. I started doing pepakura last year, but before that, i tried cardboard armor (two words; EPIC FAILURE).

But lets cut to the chase. The other day, i was lookin through my local A.C Moore, and found a product called "Rigid Wrap". Rigid wrap is similar to the stuff used by doctors to make casts. I saw it and thought, what the hell, lets try it.

As soon as i got home, i applyed the rigid wrap straight on my odst chestplate. it provided minimal strength, and i was wondering if i did something wrong. Has anyone else had experiences with this stuff?

WELCOME TO THE 405TH! lol even though u where already doin pep anyways how many layers did you use and 2 i think the doctors use more then one layer you could try combining it with resin and see how that goes good luck with your findings

I saw a thread about this once,i think the person resined their armour then applied 2 1/2 layers of rigid wrap.Hope this works.

I've seen people have tried this before, you have to use a minimum of 2 layers. It's not worth it really, but try if you so desire. I would use it only on low def parts just to give them bulk.

Welcome to the 405th! :)

I just applied the second layer 15 minutes ago. Its gotten a chance to harden, and i'm pleased with the results. i'm gonna buy some resin within the next week, to add a bit more strength to the armor peices.

ODST armor comin' soon. look for my thread in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back