Rogue helmet, and multiplayer build WIP (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man, major face palm to me. i must have misread, sorry about the confusion about the grandparents. guess it's been a short century since i swung by though.

dude. seriously, if i stood in front of a forest right now you wouldn't see me 'cause i am that green with envy... i can't believe how far along in this build you've come in such a short period. i've been stalled for weeks now, not entirely due to cold weather, but that is a big part of it. and the scaling, wow. it seems to be your forte, every piece fits you perfect. well done. can't wait to see the finished piece.

oh, and thanks for the help with the cookie, there's no way i could eat something that big. lol...

lol yeah i know right. Thanks too :)

No worries, sorry it has taken so long. this is the best shot i could get.
2012-08-16105955.jpg

I am not sure what you are lookin for exactly. But the way i installed the visor is with a lot of hot glue lol. Next time i do a helmet (i might even redo this one) i think i will be using screws and what not to take it off. Hope this helps :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NON- PHOTO update,
Ok so i am currently modifying the thighs on my duct tape dummy so that they will fit my thick legs. As soon as i finish i will take pics of them for you all. And after i am done with the thighs i can start the hardening process. Sorry it has taken me so long to get everything done. Life happens lol

Untill then, take care everyone :)

Thank you you already helped me out :)

give me some more progress ! i want to bro fist you with my armour when its finished ! :p

Everything's looking great so far. Love the dummy! LOL. I found it was easier to pack it with walmart bags and newspaper when I did one for my son and then did mine. Keep up the good work.

Ok guys sorry for lack of updates, been busy at work and then went on vacation in the mountains for a week lol. Now im back and should have some stuff for you all soon :)

Well, it's about time. . . . . :p I thought you dropped off the face of the planet or something. I was going through withdrawals. LOL!

oh man, major face palm to me. i must have misread, sorry about the confusion about the grandparents. guess it's been a short century since i swung by though.

dude. seriously, if i stood in front of a forest right now you wouldn't see me 'cause i am that green with envy... i can't believe how far along in this build you've come in such a short period. i've been stalled for weeks now, not entirely due to cold weather, but that is a big part of it. and the scaling, wow. it seems to be your forte, every piece fits you perfect. well done. can't wait to see the finished piece.

oh, and thanks for the help with the cookie, there's no way i could eat something that big. lol...

No worries man lol. Well no wonder i didnt see you out in the wilderness this last weekend lol your camo is great! :p Thanks for the compliments, means a lot. There is a small update at the bottom on this today too :-D
And no problem with the cookie, its my vice lol

Thank you you already helped me out :)

give me some more progress ! i want to bro fist you with my armour when its finished ! :p

Well glad i could help then :) Well you're in luck, there is some pictures at the end of this post muahahahaha

Everything's looking great so far. Love the dummy! LOL. I found it was easier to pack it with walmart bags and newspaper when I did one for my son and then did mine. Keep up the good work.

Yeah i am probably going to pack the next one i make with something more sturdy. The little bean bag balls are great, but it was hard to pack them lol.

Well, it's about time. . . . . :p I thought you dropped off the face of the planet or something. I was going through withdrawals. LOL!

Yeah yeah :p i was in the mountains having fun lol, so i kinda did lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well as promised, here are some pics for you all :)

First is my thighs, i modified them to fit my big legs, and they fit pretty good. Sorry if they look wierd atm, but i had to stand with my legs together so they wouldnt fall lol. I was home alone and had to take the picture myself lol

2012-09-06111100.jpg

And here is my knife i worked on for a bit. Far from done, but it is going to be really cool. (i think anyways lol)
What i am doing with it in the end is making it like those costume knives that push into the handle when stabbed into something, and spring back out when let go. :)
Here is what i have so far.

First, this is the total length before i cut the blade out. (as you can see i already cut it out, but i forgot to take a pic lol)
2012-08-18225525.jpg

Next is a close up of it cut out and then a sorta frontal so you can see the edge. I didnt put a really sharp looking edge on it because i didnt want to hurt anyone lol. so its more rounded than anything.
2012-08-18225631.jpg

2012-08-18225654.jpg

Here it aproxamately how long it will be extended with the handle
2012-08-18225724.jpg

and here it is pushed in the handle. if you look closely you can see the tip of it.
2012-08-18225756.jpg

Well thats all for the pics.

I am going to try and start resining everything this weekend if i get a chance. Also i might be redoing the chest. I ended up being picky and wanted the high def one instead lol.
Well ta ta for now everyone, have a great day, and remember Keep building and having fun!

Keep up the great work M! :D

Thanks V! I am trying lol

It's good to see you back working on the project.

It is good to be back working on it thorn, i have been slacking as of late, but NO MORE! lol next week is going to be a week full of working on it for sure because i am watching my grandparents place for the week and thats where all my stuff is lol.

I'm glad you're back at it too. Can't wait to see what you've got since the site has been down.

Well thank you sir :), as far as what i have done while the site was down just scroll down and gander lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok every, now that site is back (THANK YOU MODS!!!) i have a few photos to show you lol
It is nothing much, but hey its progress right?

Ok so first i resined a few things
Handplates
2012-09-16160642_zps65d88d64.jpg

Boots
2012-09-16160718_zpsea5ce2f5.jpg

Biceps
2012-09-19202505_zpsec5eb3bc.jpg

2012-09-19202524_zps182f611f.jpg

Knife handle
2012-09-16160652_zps8e7979d4.jpg

Front of shins, and tips of forarms. i had to go to work lol
2012-09-19202535_zps1e9c7d03.jpg

2012-09-19202553_zps070c0f92.jpg

Ok and i also made a neck seal.... Well did my best anyways lol. I will probably remake it later so its not as big lol. I got the templates here from Jutinian's soringhammer build thread. http://forum.soaringhammer.com/view...sid=b16bcabceb92fe9a7d0165b065b3f01b&start=40
Scroll down toward the bottom of his build and he has a link to the templates. :) (i hope you dont mind me shareing justinian, if so ill delete the link.)

and here are my pictures.
2012-09-19050002_zpsb82a0141.jpg

2012-09-19050115_zps501c7dab.jpg

2012-09-19050440_zps64909b56.jpg

Well thats all for now, i am going back to work shortly. After work i will be heading back to granparents to resin the rest of the shins and forearms :)

Looks great. Really nice looking neck seal to boot.

Thanks thorn! :) glad you approve lol i will eventually make a smaller one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok tiny tiny update of what i did today. I finished resining my shins. thats about it lol. two reasons. I have to work tonight so i need sleep, aaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddd i ran out of brushes...... lol not to self, check supplies more often.

ok here is pic. :)
2012-09-20110412_zpsc30b6d6d.jpg

thats all for now. will be working on more probably saturday :)

Looks like you made a lot of progress. Great looking pep work and love the neck seal. Everything looks great. Keep it up!!!!

Definitely big progress. Your work is looking good.

Redshirt

You're moving right along there M, I'm diggin' that neck seal to brotha!:D

wow even with the site down i see you've been busy, but are you going to put a robe on that or just going to leave it to be just the armor?

Looks like you made a lot of progress. Great looking pep work and love the neck seal. Everything looks great. Keep it up!!!!

Thanks! Not to shabby for like my second time using a sewing machine lol. It will be better though the next one I make :)

Definitely big progress. Your work is looking good.

Redshirt

Thanks very much sir :)

You're moving right along there M, I'm diggin' that neck seal to brotha!:D

Just trying to play catch up to u :p. And thanks! I like it lol

wow even with the site down i see you've been busy, but are you going to put a robe on that or just going to leave it to be just the armor?

Yeah I have been trying not to be a slacker lol. And I'm jut doing the armor, why would I want to cover up such awesome work (in progress that is lol) with a robe :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back