Roll Call

Name: Raptr117 (Matt L.)
Where you’re located: Hickory, NC
About you: I’m a designer, mainly with 3D/CAD and wood/metalworking, gaming, Gundam, and much more!
Favorite Conventions: I’ve been to the Halo Outpost Discovery in Philly, but I’m trying to get a set of armor printed for Dragoncon in Raleigh! Thankfully I have lots of experience making stuff so I’m hoping it shouldn’t be too hard (shout out to MoeSizzlac for the models I’ve used so far!)
Hey Matt!

Glad to have ya in southern!

We've got a nice contingent of folks in the Matthews/Charlotte area about an hour south of you.

I'd love to make it up to Galaxy Raleigh as well (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about. Dragon is in Atlanta).

What are you working on making?

Name: Chris L. or Pagemasterprops on the socials
Where your located: Tuscaloosa, AL
Occupations: Accounting Manager
About you: Been tinkering with costumes for a number of years. 3d print enthusiast. Have a good few completed builds from various fandoms. Most recently made my full Halo Infinite Master Chief costume in a month for Huntsville Comic and Pop Culture Expo so I could meet Steve Downes and Jen Taylor
Favorite Conventions: Favorite by far is DragonCon - attending since 2007. Been going to some more conventions in the southeast recently, including KamiCon in Birmingham and the Huntsville Expo, with some more tentatively scheduled.

Attachments

• IMG_20240415_014712_445.jpg
    IMG_20240415_014712_445.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 17
Name: Wade/Dragern everywhere else
About me: I've been 3d printing props since September of 2023 but just earlier this year is when I got into halo props.
I've so far finished building a halo 3 odst and plan to make a mark vii build. I've only been to 1 con, the Huntsville Comic and Pop Culture Expo.
I plan on going to dragoncon later this year though.
Still a junior member in the 405th although I have the requirements for full member status.

Name: Chris L. or Pagemasterprops on the socials
Where your located: Tuscaloosa, AL
Occupations: Accounting Manager
About you: Been tinkering with costumes for a number of years. 3d print enthusiast. Have a good few completed builds from various fandoms. Most recently made my full Halo Infinite Master Chief costume in a month for Huntsville Comic and Pop Culture Expo so I could meet Steve Downes and Jen Taylor
Favorite Conventions: Favorite by far is DragonCon - attending since 2007. Been going to some more conventions in the southeast recently, including KamiCon in Birmingham and the Huntsville Expo, with some more tentatively scheduled.
Hey Chris!

Your chief build looks fantastic!

Did you get to meet all the other Southern regiment folks who attended Huntsville Expo?

Name: Wade/Dragern everywhere else
About me: I've been 3d printing props since September of 2023 but just earlier this year is when I got into halo props.
I've so far finished building a halo 3 odst and plan to make a mark vii build. I've only been to 1 con, the Huntsville Comic and Pop Culture Expo.
I plan on going to dragoncon later this year though.
Still a junior member in the 405th although I have the requirements for full member status.
I love how your ODST build came out. Iove the color combinations!

I met a couple, but I only wore Chief on Sunday, since I was already committed to being Mando on Saturday. I did get to be in every photo op with Steve Downes and Jen Taylor that day, so that was fun.

I met a couple, but I only wore Chief on Sunday, since I was already committed to being Mando on Saturday. I did get to be in every photo op with Steve Downes and Jen Taylor that day, so that was fun.
Sweet!

I look forward to seeing your build in person some day!

edit:

Also, once you become a member of Southern, we do have the magic iron battalion down in Alabama and we'd love to have you there!

Sweet!

I look forward to seeing your build in person some day!

edit:

Also, once you become a member of Southern, we do have the magic iron battalion down in Alabama and we'd love to have you there!
I'll be happy to join! I'm also working on joining a couple other costume clubs at the moment, to expand my nerd network. Next convention I'm definitely going to is DragonCon. Might have one or two pop up between now and then.

I'll be happy to join! I'm also working on joining a couple other costume clubs at the moment, to expand my nerd network. Next convention I'm definitely going to is DragonCon. Might have one or two pop up between now and then.
Nice!

It's a bit of a read, but if you're wanting to be more involved in the 405th, I highly recommend reading the Mantle. 405th Costuming Club Mantle

The mantle contains all of the details that you need to know about participating in the 405th!

Nice!

It's a bit of a read, but if you're wanting to be more involved in the 405th, I highly recommend reading the Mantle. 405th Costuming Club Mantle

The mantle contains all of the details that you need to know about participating in the 405th!
Much appreciated! I've actually already read through it. First thing I do whenever I look at joining a new group. Avoids me asking any repetitive questions and gives a good idea of what the group's about.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back