Rondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

texnical

Well here goes my first post. I have completed pepping everything and I am looking to start the fiberglassing process, when I remembered watching a video on here relating to Mudglassing or Rondo. Basically the video covered how to mix and pour the "rondo" into the inside of the part and then apply fiberglass mat to it. I am pretty confortable with the concept, however I would like to watch the video one more time prior to starting it. Now for the bad part, I have been searching for over and hour now and am unable to find the video. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The tutorial for it was deleted because the member who posted it was, well, just don;t get me started on him.

The video may also be gone, so bad luck.

I am working on writing a new version of the tutorial right now, but no video. Sorry.

I will reliece it ASAP.

Cheers!

Below is the link to the video itself. I won't go into why the original thread was deleted.

As well, I cannot remember if there was 1 or 2 videos. I think there was only one. Hope this was what you were looking for!

Original Tut

@Xtreme: Can't wait to see your revision of the tutorial.

Thanks for the quick reply, and the ehads up about the post. Have either of you ever used the rondo method. It seems to be one of the best choices.

If I remember properly, the tutorial did state not to mix big batches cuz of the quick cure time but when I mixed it I had pieces pre cut and just slushed in fairly quick. Worked like a charm. I am going to attempt smoothcast method next just to get a feel for other methods and decide for myself which works best

A BIG word of warning, and this is a general word of warning when using such things as fiberglass resin. Once the stuff starts to catalyze it gets HOT. I mean, really hot. So hot that it can breach the flash point of your card-stock and you could end up with some problems on your hand. Possibly all the way up to a fire.

I tried this for the first time on Saturday and failed horribly (I'm still learning) with a 1:1 mix of Rondo with x2 the amount of resin catalyst. I didn't slush long enough to let the stuff sit where I wanted it to and a lot of it pooled towards the crown of the helmet. When the catalyze action happened, it started to brown the paper pretty bad (burning kind of browning) and then started to heat up the resin in that area causing some warping. It was a failed attempt build of a bucket meant to be a learning prototype so I'm not bent out of shape. But you got to be careful.

Especially because the inside of the helmet is partially enclosed, unlike the exterior which has lots of room to breathe. I need more experience before I can give any good advice other than safety advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back