Rookie Odst Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

cha0skn1ght

Hello all, I am actually really psyched about joining the 405th. 2 years ago I went to Anime Weekend Atlanta (AWA) as a white spartan, basically my Halo 2 character because AWA was 2 days before the Halo 3 launch! I had the armor made for me, which in hindsight, was wrong, but easy. Unfortunately it was too big, so I was kind of like a bobble head spartan. The armor was disproportional to my own body, but still looked amazing! It was made from vacuuformed pieces. WELL! Here I am, about 1.5 months away from this years AWA and just like 2 years ago, ODST will be coming out 2 days after the event! So I decided to make my own armor! I started with wood and determined that it would be an absolute impossible task to be done by Sept. 18. SO I started looking on the web for designs maybe to help with carving the wood, or patterns or whatever. Thats when I saw pepakura files! That night I downloaded pep viewer and printer some stuff off on normal paper just to see what it was like. I loved doing it. The next day I bought the cardstock, resin, fiberglass cloth, etc.... And so here I am, helmet,right gauntlet, and full main chest pieces(but I am probably going to have to re-do the chest pieces) are pepped and im am almost done with the torso, but not until after like 3 tries! XD

I will also be adding pics of Dare's armor as well when they are completed.

I just hope i can get it done in less than 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am editing this because I messed up the file upload and now I can only do one pic instead of the 4 I had, something messed up and I uploaded all four and then they werent here but it still says I uploaded them and do not have space for more, sorry. view my gallery for more pics i guess.[attachment=10964:awa09armor 024.JPG]

cool, south or north of atlanta? How'd that helmet fit you? to big to small

Dang a month and a half??!?... thats much closer than i thought, im gonna have to go double time on this but its gonna be though with my buddy who's helping me at school and me being at college

i should be able to pull it off. well good luck man

the helmet seems a little bit big, but it is the size of a normal helmet so to say. once I put padding and such in it, it will fit snug. the biggest thing is that it doesnt really look disproportional either

AWA is in Atlanta....in terms of north or south or whatever, i just know atlanta. It is in the COBB Galleria Center and Reniassance waverly hotel http://awa-con.com/

there is a link if you want to go. My girlfriend and I will be cosplaying as Rookie and Dare (granted i get done in time lol) :cool

i am haji said:
ah, i was presuming you lived in georgia.

nah, I live 2hours west of Atlanta, right outside of Birmingham, AL

Recon helmet complete for DARE well the pep is

[attachment=11096:awa09armor 007.JPG]

update: 08/07/09

Thinking of starting the resin process today on some already made peices, but kind of want to finish pepping first... what to do?
blink.gif

Got done with the Bicep piece for the Rookie yesterday pics soon to come

edit 08-13-09

found some new pep files for a one piece chest armor and a new bicep piece, thinking of going as Romeo instead of Rookie

edit 08-21-09

i have resined most all of the pieces...basically everything except the boots....still have to pep them. I started to do it and realized they would take a very long time to put together, so i am going to mode some MKVI boots instead :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back