Runcornstuntman's Armour development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part Two

In the next photo, I thought id test the difference between builders bog, used by builders on houses and body filler used on cars. as you can see the builders isnt as strong, but it looks like it could be promising for battle damage. and builders bondo (cant think of the name) is strong but very brittle for those who have ever considered it.

a.jpg

and finally to end this post, both my helmets together. Hopefully ill update again tomorrow with the right side just about done. All comments are welcome, i appreciate the feedback

qwertcombo.jpg

And for anyone interested there is a reason why i didnt make a wip. A wip thread would be good, but after i make one suit, i have many more projects I'd llike to make and would prefer to keep them orgainised and together. Cheers and dont forget, comments, no matter what are appreciated, it helps me learn. I hope you guys are learning something to xD

Ok triple post. Another update though. I tried getting as much done as I could but had to stop. When the rains blowing into your work area you generally have to stop and duck in cover. Anyway I only worked on my hero helmet today, mainly trying to get the right side mirror smooth. Although some spots you can see I’ve been adding more bondo for detailing and prep. Enjoy and all comments are welcome.

w.jpg

x.jpg

y.jpg

xx.jpg

Marking out and prepping the left side for some re enforcing and detailing.

yy.jpg

Cleaning up of the rear port

ww.jpg

Preparing the base of the helmet for further detailing.

z.jpg

Hopefully I’ll be able to start detailing the base of the helmet within the next week or two. I’m leaving the left side for now as I have a big tear I need to patch so as soon as I can get to it I will. I’ll try and update either when something massive is done or just aim for once a week. Anyway, advice and criticism is more than welcome. Enjoy and keep at it. And don’t forget, no matter what, no matter who you can do anything if you are willing to put in the hard yards.

Cheers man. Which photo are you refering to? Because i dont use clay. I did refer to builders bog which is the white and the spot putty pinkish in colour. I use body filler and spot putty on the outside and rondo to finish my helmet on the inside. Is that what you meant? I dont think i mentioned it but i have been putting primer on inbetween layers so i can see the high and low spots. If i didnt answer your question could you refer me to which post the pics in? Sorry if im a bit confusing.
Keanu

G’day again guys, looks like another update. This one’s not entirely big but I thought I would show you what I did. Ill try and update again Saturday evening. Ok so this time round, there was the normal filling on the front of the helmet, as seen below. But this time I decided I would start sanding the rear of the helmet. Here are the results.

sku.jpg

skul.jpg

And I thought I’d try out some battle damage on the left side, here’s the result. All done with just the tip of a round sanding dremel bit.

ssku.jpg

sskull.jpg

My personal favourite

skull.jpg

And finally thought you guys may want to see this, but it’s my goal list and my check list for the helmet. Helps keep me motivated, what keeps you motivated. Once again I’m out, but I’ll be floating around. Questions and advice are more than welcome so please leave feedback.
Keanu

list.jpg

Update time. So here are some photos of my progress. Ive been filling and sanding the right side in for nearly two or three weeks now. And its finally taking some shape. The circles are where had to be sanded and the crosses had to be filled in. Basically I spent a few hours today sanding the right side. Before I painted it with primer I sanded it with 400 grit wet and dry to see how it would look and feel. Then some more sanding and filling and now hopefully by next Saturday the right will almost be 100% completed, but wet and dry sanding. Should start more pepping during the week to. Comments are welcome.

e-1.jpg

dd-1.jpg

d-1.jpg

cb.jpg

Primed after wet and dry

aa.jpg

bb.jpg

Final filler and starting building on the left side

a-1.jpg

b-1.jpg

ba.jpg

ab.jpg

G’day guys another update. First off, during the week, I managed to pep the right shoulder. However it could possibly be too small. I’ll try it on after it’s resined. Now onto my helmet. After a tragic start to today, the helmet fell off the bench and smashed up on a fracture previously there, I went to the store to resupply.

I ended up leaving with a set of needle files, and epoxy putty. When I finally got back, I left the patching to last. I decided I’d start doing the detailing elsewhere. I decided that the ear pieces needed to be bigger and stick out more so I built them up. I started reshaping the back and the chin also. The brim is awaiting further detailing, so I sanded and filled that up, however no pictures of it.

I also thought, as a tester, I would sand with wet and dry at 800 grit then paint on a light coat of primer and the result is at the bottom. My plan with the whole helmet however is wet and dry at 2000grit. Here are the pictures, hope you enjoy and please leave feedback.

shoulder

shoulder.jpg

Fresh after restocking

resupply.jpg

Helmet broken and patched

b-2.jpg

a-2.jpg

patch.jpg

x-1.jpg

y-1.jpg

Ears

c-1.jpg

Back detail

d-2.jpg

Left side brim

e-2.jpg

Right side primed

z-1.jpg

Front chin damage

xyz.jpg

Aye guys me again, i need some help. My laptop charger cable is fried. For some reason its not charging at all. I was hopign someone out in the community would be able to help me out. I was hoping someone out there would have a photo/s of two pieces from pepakura designer. Im chasing the right shoulder at he little fold out for the hd fully assembled one. And im chasing some of crackheads right shin. Pictures at every 45 odd degrees would be great.

Reason being ive printed them out just cant turn my computer on for referencing with pep. All help is appreciated

Hey guys and girls, just a little update tonight. So since Saturday it’s been raining nonstop. So I decided I should start pepping some more pieces. Since Monday I’ve managed to finish the rh shoulder and the rh shin. I haven’t been able to test these pieces on me yet, but the scaling looks pretty accurate. Hopefully if it dries up by the weekend I’ll whack some resin on them and maybe start glassing them, so I can remove the supports and try them on. Anyway here are the pictures of the two pieces and some of my helmet. Basically final sanding and building/ detailing for the helmet. Enjoy and please feedback is more than welcome.

peppedright.jpg

prebrimdetail.jpg

backdetail.jpg

central.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back