Sandbagger's Iron Man builds - Now in STEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sandbagger's Iron Man build

I have one word for this. EPIC!

Ta mate!

Finally the young bloke is old enough to start learning a trade. Helping dad flatten out some temporary joining plates for the iron man suit and then loading the rivet gun with, "very special green rivets".

hqMk8Ra.jpg

Bending and folding the chest brace to mirror the cardboard prototype. Pop-rivets just holding shape until i weld it up.

1oCtwn3.jpg

Chest brace welded up for the most part. I won't be cleaning it up until I get the back done and fitted.

oB08uDv.jpg

Chest piece loosely fitted over the chest brace with the two collar plates.

S1n936t.jpg

Absolutely fantastic work! This entire thread never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks dudes. :thumbsup

A couple of productive hours after work today. I tack-welded the cod-piece and neck seal together. I have a lot of beating and shaping on some home made dollys to get it all fitting together perfectly, then I'll weld it all up and grind it back neat.

I pre-assembled the main torso parts together to have a look at it all for fit. The old attempt at the abdominal armour in aluminium is going to be scrapped in favour of a more workable and bendable steel one. I'll get on to that this week hopefully.

O14xqjk.jpg

cENEMNh.jpg

uDm5VF9.jpg

Dude! I like the most recent photos.

Only been following for the last few days. TLDR, have you had a chance to weight the current pieces yet and get an idea of how much this suit will weigh?

GAHHH!! I must be exhausted. I spent most of the day in the hot sun on a cabless tractor.

I think it effected my concentration....

This afternoon I got all the way through the second shoulder bell only to realise at the end that I have made half of it the same as the opposite shoulder bell.... got to cut, bend, fold and weld another one all over again! What a waste..

There's the bit at the back that should have been made the other way around.....

ViuMqh1.jpg

ZCuW1Oi.jpg

That last pic. I can't even.

Blazing the trail for those of us who want real steel armour sets!

This absolutely mind blowing, You could get a job with Shield or Stark Industries! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back