Sandbagger's Iron Man builds - Now in STEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers mate. :D

Knee pivot cap fitted.

qCy8uni.jpg

Foot pivot fitted. Eventually the in the middle will also disappear.

c4JAypJ.jpg

View attachment 13080
A simple equation describes my reaction perfectly

Too kind sir! :)

I finally started cleaning up all the welds and seams today. Most of the grunt work I'm doing with a 40 grit flap-disk. When the disk is new it can get into the long corners, but once it's worn it's just good for the raised welds.

I'll get into the hard-to-reach spots with a die-grinder.

NTzgGCl.jpg

Cheers gang. :D

Got a heap of grinding and clean-up done on the arms and shoulders at lunch time today. Also had a good look at articulation of the elbow and shoulder pivot point and was able to design a simple solution. More on that later.

ptYffuW.jpg

very nice replica of the Iron man armor pm me as I am trying to get a idea of how to make metal things.

Thanks for the compliment.

If you want to know something then you PM me with your questions and I'll see if I can answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Flapdisk work on one arm all done. A bit of fine work in the corners to get to with the die grinder then it's ready to putty and paint. I've also sorted the pivoting points for a solid attachment that can be separated with effort but not come apart unintentionally.

TExFIB5.jpg

bvlwUmV.jpg

IkNzE7i.jpg

MK30lqd.jpg

I should've subbed a long time ago, but at least I did just now! The cleaning up of the edges is looking wonderful. I LOVE IT!

This definitely one-ups Anthony Le's ("Master Le" <-- a ridiculously pompous nickname for oneself) iron man suits... actually, it blows them out of the water :).
Incredible.
Words do not describe it.
Keep it up!

- Delta

Thanks I will if I run in to troble I I posted something before like this but it was some time ago. So I am not sure if your name came up but I am glad I looked at the post.

I should've subbed a long time ago, but at least I did just now! The cleaning up of the edges is looking wonderful. I LOVE IT!

This definitely one-ups Anthony Le's ("Master Le" <-- a ridiculously pompous nickname for oneself) iron man suits... actually, it blows them out of the water :).
Incredible.
Words do not describe it.
Keep it up!

- Delta

It's a shame with some of the stories you hear around about that fellow. His suits look really good and he certainly has talent. Unfortunately if you want people to deal with you, you need more than talent. I wish I had the amount of time he appears to have to work on suits.

Thanks very much Delta for your kind words of encouragement!

SB.

I haven't been working on the suit for a couple of days as I've been working on the knife to trade with the lady doing my Iron Man leather undergloves.

Nearly finished. Did the brass pour yesterday. All that's left is to take it apart again and harden the blade in the forge, temper it and sharpen.

I made another pommel out of wet clay to make an imprint in the sand.

ItWWToG.jpg

ZJ10WwE.jpg

Molten brass poured.

w2MxUAE.jpg

Looks like it worked although I might add more clay into the mix for the next cast.

FSfJ2Cw.jpg

QlzAiSh.jpg

No knife is legit until it's been blooded. :D

9ZajjK1.jpg

Still some finishing work to go on the handle then it's into the forge with the blade followed by tempering and sharpening.

mjAFHrf.jpg

Thanks to my friend Shane again, for making such a big effort to be my J.A.R.V.I.S tonight.

The suit was a little easier to move in, but we identified more places for improvement. This time it took an hour to suit up, photo-shoot in every angle, with and without flash, then de-suit. We are getting better!

The gap between the top of the legs and the bottom of the codpiece is much less now which just looks great! The arms now just clip on instead of having to screw together both at the elbows and at the shoulder bells. The trimmed-down neck allows for head movement now bus still needs a little more off it. The cuff on the right arm needs reshaping slightly to get my thumb joint out. Took a little skin off tonight, forgetting that when you heat up, you expand.

Lighting in the chest is fine, but it is quite obvious that the eyes are FAR too bright so will need resistors or a total rethink. Shoulder bells keep slipping below the edge of the shoulder at the torso, so I will be welding on a couple of flat hooks for them to hang off, yet still pivot from.

Back profile - Some big gaps in the armour here to be covered with either coloured foam or shiny red leather layered plates.

The hand plates and the achilles flight-control flaps need spring tensioners to return them to the closed positions once activated.

2nd full suit test fit and walk around. Better. Much better proportions in the legs to torso now.

Walking is OK, need to practice to get used to it but the arm movement is limited. I'm not sure what more I can do to fix that. Might just have to live with it.

WW09LTE.jpg

fam5VNf.jpg

w8oOKOQ.jpg

pv1Uj7a.jpg

5tRl7m9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back