Sandbagger's Iron Man builds - Now in STEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work continues late in the night.

Working on the chest armour, using the arm for the left-over bog from each application.

w6jHcT4.jpg

GiCgrNq.jpg

lAaxaXR.jpg

Looks pretty sweet. But please clarify- is this steel like the title says or aluminum like most of the earlier posts said? Or a mix?

Sent using Tapatalk.

Looking amazing, as always, Sandbagger! Good choice on the por15 for the insides... it's resilient stuff!

I honestly don't know how a "professional" paint job would look any better.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

The paint job on the helmet looks awesome! :D This is such an amazing build and while I don't know the first thing about welding or metals, I love seeing all the progress you make.

^^^ Thanks all. :D

Lots of little angles, corners and details to get into. Difficult.

Someone was also asking what paint I was using to get the desired colour and metallic anodise colour right.

wNwAwdp.jpg

CqWxd02.jpg

UXb2Flb.jpg

So awesome seeing this at the painting phase and how amazing it's turning out. The children you visit are sure to be very thrilled.

O.O Wow! This is incredibly impressive Sandbagger. I can't find the words to describe at how blown away I am by you're work. It looks phenomenal! Keep up the fantastic work! :D:thumbsup

Thanks gang. :D

I've got some people coming over tomorrow night to see the suit - not bits of a suit, so I put him all back together again.

I haven't painted the rim of the camera in the matching gold yet nor have I covered the tiny lens in gold film, but I can tell you already that with the eyes lit up, you can't see it at all! Winnin'!

wrv7A90.jpg

ceplsyy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back