Sandbagger's Iron Man builds - Now in STEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Matt. :D

Two repulsor housings, lenses and screens fabricated. Just waiting on parts from China to fit into them.

NoE7nSJ.jpg

7PClwhs.jpg

Even when I think you'll be done soon there always seems to be another thing your going to work on, Looks awesome though keep it up !

My friend Dar is building an amplifier for Iron Mans hearing aid.

nDAR2ZF.jpg

WOOHOO!! Powerful LEDs for Iron Man's repulsors have arrived!

cuAyOoF.jpg

600 lumen COB LED ring ground down in diameter to fit. They said it was 40mm across. I needed 30. It ended up being 43mm in diameter so I had to grind a fair bit off. Lucky the LED's are in a bit.

AeGNTVX.jpg

Powered up!

eK4Sck5.jpg

Hah, great ! I didn't even know these existed in this format ! Great find, (i would say great work, but I've said that like a hunderd times on this thread alrady).

Great work !!!

Ah DANG I did it again. :D

Thanks SI3RRA 117

Update:

Starting the suit over three years ago, weight was always going to be a concern. Not just the weight of the suit, but my ageing dad-body was not being looked after. With the electronics of the suit looking close to completion, it is time soon to don the armour.

For the last four weeks I have been on a diet from hell, eating all the stuff I hate and none of the food I like. I've lost a kilo per week and the loss is accelerating.

My concerns for fitting in the suit are now over and with my target loss of another four kilos my kids get a healthier and more active dad to play with for a while longer.

Reactions: Jme
Repulsor fitted to gauntlet and working, although I'll have to find a way to slow down the water supply a tad.

I got a vacuum lock so I put a breather hole in the reservior bottle. Now the flow-rate is too fast for the ultrasonic plate and it floods.

A friend has suggested I use a micro-mesh or similar over the breather hole to find the Goldilocks zone. I'm hoping to stop the water unless it is demanded by negative pressure behind the USP.

Ce8LCu6.jpg

My good friend Dar has stepped up to the plate and built me a hearing aid for the suit. There will be two modules, giving me stereo sound so I can detect sound direction within the helmet. I'll update on those as soon as they arrive.

The mics wil be going in the front pf the shoulder around the scapula area. They will feed the earbuds I'll be wearing inside the helmet.

With any luck, not only will it solve my failing ears problem, but I may even be able to hear better than most in the room.

a52CfVP.jpg

ka9uE1o.jpg

lwbZZC1.jpg

My electronics engineer friend has sent me the super hearing aids for the suit and has done a terrific job. Now I'm wiring them up to power and headphones to install in the suit. Two mics with amplifiers for stereo audio in the helmet.

eK81qoi.jpg

qVc22aE.jpg

JFLzugy.jpg

rkUZ9kR.jpg

My good friend James is my expert for coding the sound effects to go along with the lighting and nano-spray. :It's all about tweaking!" Here we play around with the piezo speaker under the hand plate, as well as a brightening LED simulating the large LED ring function. You might also see a small red LED come on briefly at the top of the tone that simulates firing of the nano-plate.

My friend Dar is building an amplifier for Iron Mans hearing aid.

View attachment 238817

WOOHOO!! Powerful LEDs for Iron Man's repulsors have arrived!

View attachment 238818

600 lumen COB LED ring ground down in diameter to fit. They said it was 40mm across. I needed 30. It ended up being 43mm in diameter so I had to grind a fair bit off. Lucky the LED's are in a bit.

View attachment 238819

Powered up!

View attachment 238820
So is it hard to hear when you have the helmet on? Also, good work on the suit so far.

The first of six electronic parts ordered from China for the custom voice changer have arrived a couple of days apart.

Why they aren't all shipped together is beyond me. I ordered all together from the one company but sent as six separate orders.

I've ordered two of everything because of the time it takes to get here should something go wrong with one of them.

evOyzEn.jpg

uPTmYL8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back