Scaling Probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallard

I just printed off flyingsquirrels mkIV helm today but it seems relatively close to size to my helmet that came with halo legendary ed. if anybody has the one-size-fits-all scaling number it would be greatly appreciated.

Ghost147 said:
One size fits all=too big

Use one of the scaling threads and try and get proper measurements

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1804&hl=scale&st=0

look at post 12

This post just confuses me too much. im plannin on just takin a ruler to the side of my had and adding an inch to the top. But thanks for all the help youve given me lately, its really appreciated and your predator skull is insane

Last edited by a moderator:
Gallard said:
This post just confuses me too much. im plannin on just takin a ruler to the side of my had and adding an inch to the top. But thanks for all the help youve given me lately, its really appreciated and your predator skull is insane

No problem :) But i still suggest you walk yourself through that Post #12. Your bound to have to rescale something in the future. and THANKS! :D

Gallard said:
Actually the helmet is not too small after all... oops... :p

lol, well remember you have to add padding too!

Where in the pepakura viewer do you rescale, i cant find it. But then again i probly wouldnt get the measurement right.

Regs117 said:
Where in the pepakura viewer do you rescale, i cant find it. But then again i probly wouldnt get the measurement right.

In pepakura designer 3 it's under settings I believe. there's only three choices, cant remember them off hand.

In Pepakura 3 its under 2D Menu, go down to scale, and click adjust scale. On The flying squirrel helm, I had to increase by 10%, the original scale just was too small for my head and for that of most of my friends as well. I even tried at 107% and it was still too small. The scaling depends upon the original size the part was built on. Sometimes it is scaled to John-117 (master chief) and sometimes to the modeler. It works best to find whichever size is the determining factor, measure yourself and use that. For me and my melon head, i had to jump up the 10% just so I could get my head inside the darn thing. But it all depends on you. It doesn't hurt to make the helm a couple times either, you learn and get a nicer result the 2nd and 3rd+ times around.

Look at my sig. The last link says "How to Scale Your Armour-Tutorial". Click on it, an read from the first post. It is the best scaling tutorial on this site, and more then likely many others. If that thread doesn't answer all of your questions, feel free to PM me.

Good luck!

For a regular head 26.5 is pretty good, i think the best rule is to keep the size over 26 but under 28.

That should be the general idea of the size 'area' where your scaling should be around.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Look at my sig. The last link says "How to Scale Your Armour-Tutorial". Click on it, an read from the first post. It is the best scaling tutorial on this site, and more then likely many others. If that thread doesn't answer all of your questions, feel free to PM me.

Good luck!

what did you do to scale the mkvi helmet from flying squirrel? could you run me throughfor the helmet only pls?

Use Xtreme TACTICS 101's tut. It works for everything. If you still don't understand, ask someone smart to explain the tutorial to you.

Queen said:
Use Xtreme TACTICS 101's tut. It works for everything. If you still don't understand, ask someone smart to explain the tutorial to you.

The tutorial is self explainitory, isn't it? I mean, it IS a tutorial, right?

And yes, if you have any problems with the scaling AFTER you try all of the methods at least 1 time, then PM me for help.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back