Sliced Foam M6G Magnum pistol (W.I.P.) (PICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay i have a question, i was thinking of doing a foam board build of a M6G pistol, but i want it to be cool like, have it slide and lock back...how would i do the internals of it?

I would take some pics, but my camera won't let me get that close for a good pic. So if your working with foam try this. Hope this helps out.
If you are using a real camera(not a phone), just set the mode that has an icon that looks like a flower. This is macro mode, for taking close up shots.

If you are using a real camera(not a phone), just set the mode that has an icon that looks like a flower. This is macro mode, for taking close up shots.

I did not know that. Tks, Zat The photo is of three sheets of foam glued together. I have two coats of spot putty, and sanding with 180 paper. I think one more coat of putty, some lite sanding, and it's time for the small foamies.

HPIM0850.jpg

HPIM0853.jpg

An update on the M6G mag. It's still not done yet, need to add a few more small details with the foamies. It's better then the first one on the left, but could still be better. So I'll take what i have learned from this, and start working on # 3 to see what i come up with.

I have a ????? for all you guys who have worked with foam in the past. I have three layers of foam glued together to make the body of my pistol. I need a way to cover up the seams around the out side of the pistol. What about using resin on just the out seams, then put the plasti dip over it?????? Or am I going to have to use Bonbo or Rondo, and then sand it down? TKS! for any help here.

Here's what I did to cover the ugly seam on the front brim of my helm. Cut a piece of 2mm crafting foam to the right size and FIRMLY (that means use excess) hot glue it in place. Since the top of your gun is flat you can press it down hard on a flat surface to maintain its flatness. After the glue cures use your dremel with barrel sander to shave a 45 degree angle around the edge of the 2mm foam. You should be left with a barely noticable seam that the plastidip will hide. Drybrush a little metallic silver after paint and it should look premium.
Good luck

Here's what I did to cover the ugly seam on the front brim of my helm. Cut a piece of 2mm crafting foam to the right size and FIRMLY (that means use excess) hot glue it in place. Since the top of your gun is flat you can press it down hard on a flat surface to maintain its flatness. After the glue cures use your dremel with barrel sander to shave a 45 degree angle around the edge of the 2mm foam. You should be left with a barely noticable seam that the plastidip will hide. Drybrush a little metallic silver after paint and it should look premium.
Good luck

TKS! I'll try that. Your foamage work on your armor is just so out standing it makes me sick to look at some of my work. But it also gives me hope that I can do the same work, if i keep at it. So TKS again.

I have a general question for any of you guys who have foam weapon props. How's the weight on them? Are they ridiculously light and flimsy? I want to make a pistol myself eventually, and I have the foam to work with. However, part of me would prefer to use wood, to make it more sturdy and give it some heft, but it would be a little more difficult to build.

I have a general question for any of you guys who have foam weapon props. How's the weight on them? Are they ridiculously light and flimsy? I want to make a pistol myself eventually, and I have the foam to work with. However, part of me would prefer to use wood, to make it more sturdy and give it some heft, but it would be a little more difficult to build.

My foam pistol is very light, and not flimsy at all. If you want to make a longer rifle then you can cut a " V " in the center so you can put a pvc, or wood rod in side the rifle running from end to end to keep it from being flimsy.

The shotgun I am working on weighs in at 1 lb 2 oz and has wood and metal support rods between the layers. If I had a jigsaw I might have cut an extra layer from 1/4" plywood and made it like a sandwich. Hold the mayo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back