SRS S2-AM Sniper Rifle Build WIP Weathered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, some minor updates, nothing fancy, backplate(stock) added, handlebar attached, and some few other small changes.

For anyone interested, the materials i used so far are MDF, Triplex and Aluminium.

Also i started on disassembling the camera, and trying to figure out how to fit it all into the scope. If anyone want pictures of that, please let me know. i am happy to show you pictures.

If its no trouble I would like to see some pictures for the Camera. I think its gonna be awesome, and thanks for the Materials list. You just made my wishlist.

If its no trouble I would like to see some pictures for the Camera. I think its gonna be awesome, and thanks for the Materials list. You just made my wishlist.

Here it is as i got it now, still searching for a different one, for the two reasons that the screen is a e too small, and also malfunctld at the precise and correct angle. all the buttons(zoom, power etc.) will end up on the front of the scope.
Sorry if the image is unclear.

w17jq0.jpg

Sorry for the long wait guys, i had some other projects that needed finishing(nonhalo related). But here is the next update. Body is finished, barrel is finished. Only need to build the scope and paint it.

Here's the body

34pcizc.jpg

Here is the barrel

254zjn6.jpg

Here is the rifle, with me next to it. You can clearly see the length.

14wvk38.jpg

The whole thin is around 1.70 Meters long, and weighs around 8 kilograms. Questions? Feel free to ask!

Greetings,

Dominique Kruis

Looking really nice man. Can't wait I see this bad boy finished.

Keep up the good work,
Tom.

A simple (and well-working) idea for the scope-camera is to incorporate a pipe-viewer mobile snake camera into the scope. You can usually find them at increasing screen sized, but the biggest you would probably need would be a 2'' screen. I suggest harbor Freight for a fine model that will last you a long time, and best part is that you can just move the cord around, so you can cram the entire cord into the scope, and not have to chop it up.

41lAGXKG-cL._SL360_.jpg

A simple (and well-working) idea for the scope-camera is to incorporate a pipe-viewer mobile snake camera into the scope. You can usually find them at increasing screen sized, but the biggest you would probably need would be a 2'' screen. I suggest harbor Freight for a fine model that will last you a long time, and best part is that you can just move the cord around, so you can cram the entire cord into the scope, and not have to chop it up.

41lAGXKG-cL._SL360_.jpg

Thank you! I'll try something like that!

the barrel looks like it tilts up ansaway from the rest of the gun and the grip looks to be a tad short, but its coming out great.

the barrel looks like it tilts up ansaway from the rest of the gun and the grip looks to be a tad short, but its coming out great.

The grip is perfect for my hand ±P i haven´t got such big hands :p and what i know(blueprint as reference) it is the same. But thanks for the barrel, unfortuantly(due to ther size, and the way it's fitted) there's nothing i can do about it in this stage ;)

Hello fellow members,

Just a little heads up.
The sniper is almost done! I started today with sanding and painting.

I used 2 cans of primer, and 2 cans of matte black. I bought 2 more cans of primer, MDF really sucks up all the paint ^^.

I will upload pictures tomorrow, when the paint is dry.

Greetings,

Dominique

P.S.

My website is online! Wanna take a look? http://249th.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back