Tatsuyoshi's Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this looks like a very interesting project. Keep us posted buddy, and your PEP looks great. Just remember it's not pink, it's light red :D

I have a new idea why you should make it fireproof (not to mention bulletproof in one)so you can remake the flaming hayabusa helmet only bungie employees have

Good work and great idea but one question.....WHY? Are you really going to be a superhero? I love the motivation and deication but it just doesn't seem practical and will be very expensive. I do not know why you will be shot at with flaming bullets.

Ithica

Aren't we not supposed to be talking about making real armor for liability reasons? Besides, you can make anything "bulletproof" but the real trick is making something bulletproof and light enough to wear practically.

@Ithica: It's really just a concept. Even if I only get the chest bulletproof I will be happy. It's a learning thing for me, and I'll be enjoying the process, not the end result.

@rube: I spoke to a lawyer friend of mine to clarify on this. There is no liability, because a.) the armour is not officially licensed and b.) nowhere on the site does anyone claim the pepakur armour is supposed to be bulletproof

But for the Mods piece of mind;
I hereby release Microsoft, Bungie, and the 405th from liability of injuries I may sustain in this endeavour. I also give up the right to sue said entities

Update!!

Below is what I've done so far while being extremely lazy. Now I have to buckle down and work my ass off

made.jpg

I'll be investing in a Craft Robo soon because half my time seems to be spent cutting

Tango 89er said:
Update!!

Below is what I've done so far while being extremely lazy. Now I have to buckle down and work my ass off

made.jpg

I'll be investing in a Craft Robo soon because half my time seems to be spent cutting

you sure got alot done before you got lazy ;

very cool

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually get 3-4 parts done if I work from 12pm to 12am. But up till now I've had no motivation to do so. Also the majority of my time seems to be taken up with cutting and scoring, so the Craft Robo ought to speed that up for me.

Oh and as to the files I've used, it's SkullCandy Girl's files, using a mix of Belakor's and Ral Partha's unfolds. The reason for the mix is some parts are easier to make than the others. I'll also be using 1ManBatallion's torso smooth and unfold.

Long time, no update!

Anyway I've slowly been getting more work done but my job and social life have been getting in the way. Anyway, progress pics.

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo14/Lilim1989/100_0198.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo14/Lilim1989/100_0200.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo14/Lilim1989/100_0206.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo14/Lilim1989/100_0207.jpg

The first pic is of my armour, as it stands at the moment. I would be alot further on but I'm currently lacking motovation and funds, as I had to travel to be with a friend who had a cancer scare. It turned out to be a non-malignant tumour, but as she has had breast cancer before we couldn't be too careful.

The second pic is of my in progress AR. Still needs a lot of work.

And lastly is the BR I ordered from LeeKegan. I decided to test my Citadel Miniatures spray gun to see how good a job it's do. While it's good for miniatures, not so good for large areas. I'll pick up some of the Citadel Miniatures Chaos Black spraypaint and see how that goes.

My armour is on hold until about the next week because I've got no work, and I'm waiting for my tax refund thingy, which should arrive around then.

Looks good man. Good luck to you in finishing your project. I hope you have abandoned your plans for using kevlar to "bulletproof" your armor though. Wouldn't want you to get hurt. Kevlar is not bulletproof alone. Other polymer strands have to be woven in to make it collision grade. Besides it would be heavy as hell.

@ Drgnfyre4 : I'm not really getting that much done, I've been really slack

@ mc hammer time : The ODST forearm didn't seem that hard to me. I did both forearms in the same day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back