The Beginning of my first halo armor set

Dragern

Jr Member
I've started 3d printing and purchasing the other materials for my odst build.
I'm just making a thread to show myself, a true and utter idiot attempting to make such a suit.

Attachments

• odst.png
    odst.png
    944.3 KB · Views: 65
These gloves are the closest match I have found to the gloves worn by the ODSTs on the Ark in Halo 3:

Sean Bradley sells a kit to convert pretty much any set of gloves into the gloves worn by Alpha-9 in Halo 3:ODST:

I'm just making a thread to show myself, a true and utter idiot attempting to make such a suit.
You're already pretty deep into printing I see!
The first suit is always daunting to start, it's really just a learning experience. Don't be afraid to make mistakes and figure out what works for you. One tip I have though would be to not break the standard order of: Print, wood filler (or filler of choice), sand and THEN coat (epoxy or other options). I tried mixing up the order myself and it went pear shaped fast :lol:
I'll be very interested in seeing how your build progresses,
Best of luck!

These gloves are the closest match I have found to the gloves worn by the ODSTs on the Ark in Halo 3:

Sean Bradley sells a kit to convert pretty much any set of gloves into the gloves worn by Alpha-9 in Halo 3:ODST:
You just answered a question I havent even asked yet by giving me that link
I was going to ask about the neck seal and there is one of those

Ok how should I connect the backpack to the front chest rig? I know there are straps and buckles but the 3d files I have
have "foam strap stand in" meaning like eva foam?
Should I try eva foam or print out those parts?
Or do I just use straps and buckles :/

Looks great so far man! What color scheme you going for? Also how about the undersuit? To answer your question about gloves, I just use Mechanix Mpact gloves and E6k the armor onto them, but to each their own.

Looks great so far man! What color scheme you going for? Also how about the undersuit? To answer your question about gloves, I just use Mechanix Mpact gloves and E6k the armor onto them, but to each their own.
Undersuit wise I'm probably just going to go with a basic combat suit.
I'm going for a purple/black color scheme with some white and grey for smaller details, also I shall check out those gloves

So for my other colors I've selected Montana cans Gold Lavender and Montana cans Gold Shock black
I chose these colors for 2 reasons, 1 because they were the same brand and I do not want to risk mixing paints and the 2nd reason is that the colors are absolutely beautiful

I'll attach an image of some paint photos tomorrow probably

Man great job I want to make some ODST armor too as my first set but for the under suit just get any skin suit on Amazon and if it has the hood then that can be the neck seal

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back