The Great Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

scenicfall1

I've done the helm, chest, biceps, and crotch in pepakura. It's normal letter paper (that fits), and clear tape. I'm not sure if I should reinforce my paper versions before I mud it. What should I do?

Oh, and I'll have the other peps done by the end of the week, along with the mud started on some of the armor. Will I be able to meet a halloween deadline?!

I have no experience with mudding. but you might want to. The resin itself is pretty heavy and I don't think normal paper would hold up to it. If you're willing to go without sleep and shelling out $5, pep it again in 110LB cardstock. They have a 150 stack at wally world for $5.

Edit: I managed to get everything pepped in 3 days and I resined each piece once (Resined the last 2 pieces today, could've done it all in one day but I didn't feel like it) . I'm going to stop there because right now I can't really put much more money into this project but I do plan on coming back to it.

hah, i wish i could make it to this halloween, but sadly, it's going to be the next one. I found this place a bit too late unfortunately.

Ghost147 said:
hah, i wish i could make it to this halloween, but sadly, it's going to be the next one. I found this place a bit too late unfortunately.

That's exactly what happened to me, I finished an ODST helmet for the ODST release but after that I waited too long to start on my spartan armor. O well there's always next year and clubs to wear it to in between lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back