*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I just haven't found the files, but I'm looking for a few pieces for my build. They definitely weren't on the first page..

Spartan Thigh (Female) - unfolded. I found the file on the main page...but it says not yet unfolded...

Chest: Collar/Breacher - I found a female chest piece which looks to be the same, only this needs a high collar attached to it which I haven't found the pep for yet. I assume all the rest (the shells) I will have to attach myself... Anyone have any info on pepping the collar/breacher?

Knee Guards: FJ/PARA - I don't see these anywhere either.. Anyone know where they're at?

Cod Piece - is there a female version of this or is it all a matter of scaling?

Shoulder: Sniper - I'm not for certain which shoulder piece it is using... can someone let me know?

Spartan Thigh (Female) - unfolded.
There's one in the Reach for the ladies thread by TheDigitalFix:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26156-Reach-for-the-ladies!

Chest: Collar/Breacher
There isn't one of these modeled yet. Chest perms are usually modeled and released as separate add-on pepakura files, and one of the biggest problems we will see soon is that all the chest files are different... meaning that in order for things to be easiest on the builder, you'll need to build the chest that the add-on is modeled for.

Knee Guards: FJ/PARA
I've got the 'Spartan Knee' file in my files section in Post #3. It's only the actual knee part though, not that little bit that sits between the shin and the knee. It's not labeled FJ/PARA because it was made before the retail game was released and lots of things were renamed.

Cod Piece
There's also one of these in the Reach for the ladies thread by TheDigitalFix:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26156-Reach-for-the-ladies!

Shoulder: Sniper
This is also Jun's shoulder, which hasn't been modeled yet. It may have the same problem I described for the chests, this shoulder piece is supposed to wrap pretty snugly against the bicep, and may not fit right depending on the bicep you use.

As for updates to this thread, it's very slow going. There haven't been too terribly many new things modeled since the last update, and I need to figure out a good way to do a major update to the first page. A lot of perms were renamed for the final game so all of the posts need editing, and I need to figure out how best to edit Post #1, it really sucks not being able to add new info to the first post people see (Post #1 is 22,479 characters and contains 62 images, and in order to edit it at all I need to chop it down to the new forum standards, 10,000 characters and 15 images).

Awesome. Thank you thank you thank you... both of you. I'll just sit on the Collar/Breacher and the sniper Shoulder for the time being then. I'll have plenty more to keep me busy in the mean time. Also - thanks for the link. I didn't see that before.

Really appreciate the work you've gone through to keep this thread in shape Ruze, thumbs up to you :)

I have to agree. Being a Noob to Pep, this thread was a lifesaver when it came to finding what I was looking for. Thanks to all the modelers and unfolders and a special thanks to the mod(s) who organized this thread so well. It really has helped me with my fist helmet and I'm sure the armor to follow.

Someone should really put these in Zip files for ultimate convenience.

Thanks, modelers!
Queen... if all these was in a zip it would be so much that it would cause such an explosion to tear the fabric of space and we all die (not really, that is a great idea, I just wanted to say something like that)

Your welcome!!

As for updates to this thread, it's very slow going. There haven't been too terribly many new things modeled since the last update, and I need to figure out a good way to do a major update to the first page. A lot of perms were renamed for the final game so all of the posts need editing, and I need to figure out how best to edit Post #1, it really sucks not being able to add new info to the first post people see (Post #1 is 22,479 characters and contains 62 images, and in order to edit it at all I need to chop it down to the new forum standards, 10,000 characters and 15 images).

Something to consider, would be to simply start a new thread. Especially since I'm not sure if the extra posts you allowed yourself on this thread will be enough to include it all.
Furthermore, starting a new thread might be good, because now that the game is out, I have a feeling all the amazing modelers may be attempting to post new works with everything game accurate.

Aside from that, I was curious as to whether or not there will be a Halo Reach section added to The Pepakura File Index
any clue as to whether or not/when it might happen?

Many of them are already in the 405th Halo pack.
Where would the 405th Halo Pack be?

Hey people :) right i have a file and the format is .MAX is there any way i can convert that inot a file that can be opened with pepakura? i need to unfold this file as i think it would be a great help to everyone if i did :) anyhelp you guys can give me would be much appreciated :)

Export it as an .obj. It is the standard format for pepakura models. Just hit file - export - .obj or something;)

Hey people :) right i have a file and the format is .MAX is there any way i can convert that inot a file that can be opened with pepakura? i need to unfold this file as i think it would be a great help to everyone if i did :) anyhelp you guys can give me would be much appreciated :)
If you have the 3DS Max program, you may export the file in either .3ds (which I prefer) or .obj formats. Both are supported by Pep Designer. However, if you don't have the program, you're stuck. The .max is a propriety format so it cannot be converted to any other format by a 3rd party program.

If you have the 3DS Max program, you may export the file in either .3ds (which I prefer) or .obj formats. Both are supported by Pep Designer. However, if you don't have the program, you're stuck. The .max is a propriety format so it cannot be converted to any other format by a 3rd party program.

yeah i got 3ds max thanks alto dude thats been a great help hopefully within a few days i can have a shotgun unfolded and uploaded :) which i am sure will make quite alot of people including myself happy :)

I'm pretty sure that there is someone working on it. But don't quote me though
*rumors*
i've started modding the halo 3 helms in 3ds max including the eod helm...
trying to remove the vents is a b1+c4 tho

on another note
i'll probly be releasing the various HUL attachments for the helmets including the one on the recon helm...(i hate the current one)
oh also the bomb from the live action and the "armour ability" thingy that mounts on the back of the torso

you'll get em...just wait a bit...k?

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back