Those Crazy Currents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello every one!

I got a few questions about some curents...

for currents 1 and 2 wahat type of restrictors will i need to allow them to happen?

current 3 is the one im realy having trouble with, for starters, what voltage will i need to power 2 fans and 2 LEDs. Second if im correct i need a restrictor to lower the current for the fans, then another one to lower it further for the LEDs. Third if im correct in my thinking, what Restrictors will i need? Thanks every one!

-HARR18-
Currentexample.jpg

Take a look at this website. It will help you design a circuit for your LED's. As far as the fans. You will need to know how much forward voltage they require and how much current they produce on thier own, that way you could substitute that in for the LED values on the website.

Does your fan have any information on it, such as maximum voltage or current? That will help you calculate the correct resistor values.

well I haven't been to raido shak lately to find what kind of fans i need... Does anny one have a sugestion on what kind of Fan I should use?

(like, what fan would be the best to circulate air flow inside my helmet)

Thanks everyone!

One suggestion. Don't put the fans in series with the LEDs. Give everyone their own path to the battery so nothing is starved for current.

Like others have said though, purchase your leds and motors, then take a picture of the packaging. We can help you after you post the part specifications printed on the packaging.

If you are worried about buying the wrong one, you can ask the folks at radioshack to help. Not everyone is a electronics person, but there should be someone in the store that can help you choose the correct part.

Note: smaller fans take up less space but also push less air. Choose what size fits best in your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back