Tinting, Questions, And An Eva Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cladspartanex

Ok here goes,

Im building a flamethrower halo wars troop armor. (Just like OZN) I have ideas, and they seem most likely to work, and i like my odds. Firstly, im going to be modifying an EVA helm to look bulkier just like the flamethrower troop unit. Secondly, i am buying a plastic face shield used in shops and other areas. I will be cutting that out with my dremel to fit the newly modded helm. BUT. I have found some dark window tint, and i was wondering. Does anyone know if this strip tint works with the polycarbonate visor? (Adhere to it) because i would like to know, cuz im about to go buy it. Thanks for the help,

(Sorry for the crap tint type pic, its "Private eyes" dark 20% chrome fader window tint)

CHeers,

Clad

UPDATE! Here you can see the new visor i just bought for the helm. And nynjamasta, check out the pic of the visor upside down. imagine a heavily modded EVA helm, and bob's your uncle, you got a flamethrower troop helm. COMMENTS WELCOME ! :D

Wow, i would love to see how that ends up. Though how you plan on turning a protective visor like that into a face mask that basically raps around your head is beyond me.

LOL!!! DEXTER!!!!

Sorry I can't help. The only thing about tint I know is paint with clearcoat. Yeah...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been wondering this too. It sounds like you are talking about film tint. I have a friend whos also going to build armor and he really wants the EVA helm, and i know that i can vacuform a visor from plastic to get it most accurate, but im not sure how wed tint it, the only thing really seen discussed used on here is tinting spray, and another method that seems to be the best but it requires an airbrush and odd paints. What i was planning on doing was going down to some automotive detailing shop or the like where you can get your car windows tinted and asking someone there how it would work. Good luck on your armor btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back