Uk Product Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks angel62sir and yeah i already got the 3mm foam ive found some stuff on ebay but its patternd on both sides not just the 1 patterned and one smooth?

No probs hex, these are the ones I got, they cut well and are really strong here's the item number 120988611661.

thanks found them. were they smooth on one side then patterend on the other? cuz they only show the top on the picture.

thanks again dude

So far I've made some female gears armour for the launch of gears 3, two odst suits and a few prop bits

Poundmart does grey primer and a few shades of gloss paint. The finish for the outer layers probably won't be that nice, or even the right colour, but I'm going to give the primer a go
I'll post an update to say how it goes

Shadow, the primer from pond lands not actually that bad, I've used it for my ODSTs and it's cool you mite want a few cans though.

Maybe someone in this thread can help - I'm looking for styrofoam sheets, the kind used by DaFrontlineTrooper, and which seem to be readily available everywhere else but the UK. Anyone know of a supplier in the UK? Preferably one you can buy the stuff off the shelf at rather than messing around with getting the damn stuff delivered!

@rooney, i had the same problem dude, they do the same stuff af wickes here its foil coated but its easily peeled off, if you want something a bit denser than that, try googling sheffield insulations, theyre local here in yorkshire but the foams impecable for model making. hope that helps.

Just to let folks know, in Sheffield we've just had a store open called "home bargains", not the chain with the same name and blue/red signs.

I managed to get wire brushes and primer at 99p each, cheaper than PoundLand and they also have loads of other goodies, but i've already got much of what i need. PoundLand only had a single can of primer so i was glad to see a shelf full in this shop and will try them out later.

Guys. Can anyone recommend a place to buy master chief green?? Ideally I need the paint suitable for foam build.

I have actually looked into plasti kote as this stuff is flexible to a certain degree after it's dried. but I can only find a Bright green in the stores near me. I have also looked into craft acrylic paints but can't anywhere which sell Large pots of green simular to MC.

Can anyone hel me?

Hi ep82 I got the perfect mc green from the fatbuhdda store, it's £5.50 at the min and well worth it I got two and covered all my suit in three coats and there's still loads in the can, here's the one I got
http://www.fatbuddhastore.com/spray...int-c124/montana-gold-olive-green-400ml-p4517

Wow. Thanks for the anwser angel62sir! that looks great.
Can I just ask what was your suit made from? Only asking to find out if it's pep or foam? I need a paint that is suitable for foam.

Can you tell me/if you know if there are any flex in the paint? The paint I sprayed my iron man (foam) suit has next to no flex so I just get alot of cracks :(

No probs, my suits both pep and foam, the paint has a fair bit of flex in it so should be cool for your foam.

I'm new here and I have a pepakura Mk V helmet that I want to glass and resin and paint.
I think I can achieve this with these products, could somebody with more experience please confirm?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...&productId=194319&categoryId=165625&langId=-1

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...&productId=172133&categoryId=165625&langId=-1

Thanks.

UPDATE
I read the rest of the thread and it seems I can. From what I gather the resin is mixed with the hardener and is used to coat the inside and outside, and on the inside fiberglas coated in resin is used to build up some strength, and the body filler is used to coat the outside to provide more strength and can be sanded to get the desired shape.

Walbs
Yes these are right, but there wont be enough glass in the pack for the helmet, you'll need 2-3 packs.

Depending on if you plan to do any more than this, EastCoastFibreGlass might be a better option, or if you happen to be in South Yorkshire i have a roll of glasscloth I could trim off as I bought far too much.

As for the rest, you've got the basics right. Trial and error is the best lesson in my opinion, or watch CerealKill3r's YouTube videos as they are a great tutorial, and a great laugh

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I needed someone to tell me I understand this. I will see how far the fibre glass gets me, more can be bought cheaply at my local halfords. Cereal killer's videos are good, there was a four part series I got to part 2 of.

Another concern I have is forming a visor. I may be able to find on online, but I would largely be guessing what size I need. I so not have the equipment to vacuum form my own. Are eBay visors generally easy enough to cut and bend?

This caught my eye
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...200_QL40&qid=1406484156&sr=8-3#ref=mp_s_a_1_3

And this
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/380877001678?nav=SEARCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back