Ultimate Iron Man Thread Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starx said:
Thats what i was going to try for the stomach. Kind of attach the pieces in the rear by the spine and leave a pivot of sorts so they line up ontop of eachother when needed but sink into behind eachother when bending over or something. I havent gotten around to it just yet.

Sounds like what I am planning.

I think the helmet for my suit will be fiberglass as well as some other pieces (gauntlets, bicep, shoulders) and the rest will most likely be made from formed plastic... I want as few gaps as possible.

I am new to the boards, but I plan on adding my input as I go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to see it! Although i wish it would have been earlier, already constructed the neck from my own files. Is sharkhead still planning on building other files? i would really like to see him tackle the shoes.

Just wanted to let everyone here who asked about the duct tape dummy it is now posted in the Noob forum unless the mods move it. Not sure where it will end up but just search for 'Duct Tape Dummy Tutorial' Good luck.

Bamabat said:
Just wanted to let everyone here who asked about the duct tape dummy it is now posted in the Noob forum unless the mods move it. Not sure where it will end up but just search for 'Duct Tape Dummy Tutorial' Good luck.

Thanks man you're a man of your word

I'll remember this

Yes, he is planning on doing them all, and I think he is scratch building the boots and gloves.

Pictures should come either today or tomorrow.

im planning to make this neck piece for halloween...how would the movement be done without latex. i was thinking when its fibreglassed, segment it and attach each piece with like elastic strapping... what you guys think?

Ah, I'm sorry about the pictures, I'm out of ink and had started working on ODST Weta for an event at our school, but I think Sharkhead has already pepped it and if so, I should have pictures in the next few weeks, gotta go to his house to resin armor anyway.

Wooooooooah a lotta people commented on this after I started all meh work. Thanks guys! I hope I'm not necro-ing my own thread lol.

Sorry for keepin' any of yall waiting for too long, I now have time to pick this project back up and model/pep/build the rest of the suit- it's a straight shot from here. Any questions, requests, or other- comment meh! Pics hopefully to come soon if Neo can get a camera or his phone or something over to my house.

To address the shoes, I planned on scratch building at first but now I'm fairly sure I'm going through pepakura with them, you will see them out sometime.

FROM HERE ON!- If you want to mod my suit; I say go for it! War machine, rock on.

This thread needed to be brought back to the top, and I'm glad it has been. Need lots of pics, I'm slowly trying to build an Iron Man suit, and I want to see what everyone elses finished articles look like as I slowly work my through it. Want to know what kind of detail Im goiong to need to be able to compete with you all....

Cant wait to see the pics, and welcome back!

This Sunday Sharkhead, I'll be there with a camera, and my mom said she would give us a ride to get stuff from home depot or where ever we needed to go to get stuff.

sharkhead7854 said:
Wooooooooah a lotta people commented on this after I started all meh work. Thanks guys! I hope I'm not necro-ing my own thread lol.

Sorry for keepin' any of yall waiting for too long, I now have time to pick this project back up and model/pep/build the rest of the suit- it's a straight shot from here. Any questions, requests, or other- comment meh! Pics hopefully to come soon if Neo can get a camera or his phone or something over to my house.

To address the shoes, I planned on scratch building at first but now I'm fairly sure I'm going through pepakura with them, you will see them out sometime.

FROM HERE ON!- If you want to mod my suit; I say go for it! War machine, rock on.

your stuff is great and i heard from a friend timecop1 that you have the mark III helmet and i been looking for it but the links weren;t working that you had on 4share... is there anything I can do to find it to make...please help a friend out.

Wow, great job on the iron man helmet. I too am working on an iron man helmet. I have it peped I just need to find time to buy the resin/fiberglass. When I first came accross this thread I thought it was going to be about the Ultimate Iron Man
UltimateIronMan.gif
I was way off :rolleyes . Again great job keep up the good work

IronLeoMan said:
your stuff is great and i heard from a friend timecop1 that you have the mark III helmet and i been looking for it but the links weren;t working that you had on 4share... is there anything I can do to find it to make...please help a friend out.

Hi there IronLeoMan, I've uploaded the Pep I used for my project.

I take no credit for this Pep, it was created by Sharkhead and unfolded by L3X. If either wish me to remove it from my webhost then please let me know.

Ultimate_Iron_Man_Helmet_unfld_L3X.zip

I'm getting towards the end of my build and recently started a blog to record my progress, check it out.

http://jonathansprojects.blogspot.com/

im not trying to be an annoying or too persistent, but i was curious if you happen to have had a chance to take some pictures of the neck yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back