Ultimate Iron Man Thread Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
sharkhead7854 said:
its k ya's dont sound like a douche lol
but theres a slight (or major) problem
Iv been posting topics asking for help fixing my computer,
and iv followed the advice here.
Unfortunately there was some kind of crazy glitch on my installation cd, I tried to erase windows, and my whole hard drive was deleted- including my storage partition.
the helmet file is gone =\
Sorry to hear that.

That was THE most accurate Iron Man model I had ever seen.

Is there any chance of you remaking the model? I hate asking, seeing that it probably wasn't easy the first time, but this is the first time I have ever been "excited" over a Pep model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it this helm file? If so I can host it if sharkhead is cool with that. I kept it around because it is the best one i've seen so far.

ironpdo.jpg

actually thats the second most updated one I had, but feel free to host it if you wish- cus I lost that file too >___<
not as accurate as the one I put together in this thread but still very accurate.
If only there was a way to get pep files into obj or 3DS files =\
UPDATE!!!
heres pics of teh accurate-ness chest, back and NECK!! peices (yes, neck peice is wearable!!) ^___^
3555366427_58c5048361.jpg

3555366617_bb8991b937.jpg

3555366789_b6c3d3a1ac.jpg
<----neck

Excellent work! Your helmet is the most accurate that I've ever seen.

If only I was a 3d modeler. I'm still searching for a good pepakura file or a copy of the life size bust in order to make molds for vacuum forming.

I would like to make a MarkII style helmet like my C 3PO prototype:
dscn6410.jpg

I think the file you are refering to was named "this damn file wont pep" if you go to sharks profile you will see his topic "looking for an unfolder" there is a unfolded helmet there.
It wont run for me in pep designer 3 just keeps crashing...but it runs just fine in pep designer 2 ... just incase pep 3 crashes for anyone else.

I hope I've been on some help here...I'm also looking forward to any releases of the HD versions.

I have a OBJ file I think its a digital scan of the toy helmet of Iron Man.. I've ran this in 3d max and the details are amazing I just dont have any idea how to make it run in pepakura if some one could pep this file it would be the awsome.
If anyone knows how to run a obj. file in pep shout up or if they know how to convert it into a pdo.
Accurate1.jpg

Accurate2.jpg

Oh my God I think that is the file. (thisdamnedfilewontpep)
But as for the toy scan, I highly recomend staying away from trying to pep that
It is very high detail and it looks cool, however, it is not accurate to the movie, real, or prop version of the suit.
mines modeled after the prop btw- just in case some of you guys wondered why it doesnt look like what you saw in the movie
Cus meh likes teh prop version best ^____^
Iron%20Man%20suit%20close%20up.JPG

EDIT!!!
WOOO!!!! thank you carnage
i didnt even know it but I had all that hard work saved ^____^
running it through pep designer now!

glad I could be of some help. As you are now aware I've been following your posts with GREAT interest.

I also tried the new pdo and like yourself its crashing on version 3 and 2 of pep.
The original "this damn file wont pep " works ok on version 2 if anyone wants to build this 1
Me I'm gonna wait for the final pep file from shark.
Shark if I may be so bold. you say your version is the prop model.....is it possible for you to post some pics of the prop version so when I eventually get to build this I have some refernce pics to work to as I'd hate to spoil the build by looking at the wrong type of reference pics if you get my drift. The bigger the better :)

carnage said:
glad I could be of some help. As you are now aware I've been following your posts with GREAT interest.

I also tried the new pdo and like yourself its crashing on version 3 and 2 of pep.
The original "this damn file wont pep " works ok on version 2 if anyone wants to build this 1
Me I'm gonna wait for the final pep file from shark.
Shark if I may be so bold. you say your version is the prop model.....is it possible for you to post some pics of the prop version so when I eventually get to build this I have some refernce pics to work to as I'd hate to spoil the build by looking at the wrong type of reference pics if you get my drift. The bigger the better :)
of course!
unfortunately all pictures of the prop on the internet are views from the front, but they should help somewhat.
they say its the one RDJ wore in the movie but its not XDDD
I seen the real one in a youtube vid >.> its purdy too though
here is teh propness
original-iron-man-suit-arclight-hollywood-robert-downey-jr-02.jpg

Robert%20Downey%20Jr%20Iron%20Man%20suit.jpg

2470700936_6f0056c379.jpg

sharkhead7854 said:
of course!
unfortunately all pictures of the prop on the internet are views from the front, but they should help somewhat.
they say its the one RDJ wore in the movie but its not XDDD
I seen the real one in a youtube vid >.> its purdy too though
here is teh propness
Thanks those pics are cool I see what you mean about this version being your favourite. The last pic really shows the helmet very well I'm also liking this version. I do hope your planning on making the full suit and if possible sharing the files so that the rest of us who aren't so talented can build this baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back