UNSC Army Trooper Costume Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
first pic is not showing up for me =(
And i doubt i would have my helmet done in time, i might go with a cap

More updates!

Okay so I cut out some of the detail templates in some foam. This is how it looks now!
armor_with_details_by_izaak94-d3dnq93.jpg

These parts arent glued on, so they are kinda lopsided, but they will be straightened out when I put them on for real.

It's shaping up pretty good Forge! One thing I did with mine for the angled surfaces is that I sliced a shallow wedge from the back (but be careful not to cut all the way to front) pulled the wedge out then glued the void together to create an angled surface on the front. Be mindful to cut the wedges according the degree of the angle.

Excellent!

When I print these will they come our the right size or do I have to scale them first?

Can't wait to see it done.

Very nice dude!

Thanks!

Excellent!

When I print these will they come our the right size or do I have to scale them first?

Can't wait to see it done.

These are scaled to myself. Im only 5 11 and have a 10 inch wide chest plate measure. You might have to scale it up

It's shaping up pretty good Forge! One thing I did with mine for the angled surfaces is that I sliced a shallow wedge from the back (but be careful not to cut all the way to front) pulled the wedge out then glued the void together to create an angled surface on the front. Be mindful to cut the wedges according the degree of the angle.

Sounds pretty smart actually! Ill do that for the bends in the chest plate and stuff.

Upates!!!!

Okay, so I got some more rubber cement, so I went about gluing all the details on, and putting some last parts together. So the torso looks like this now:
army_trooper_progress_torso_by_izaak94-d3duup4.jpg

It still fits over my shoulders, so I can slip it on. Now all I need is velcro on the back straps. What do you guys think?

Do you sand your edges to make them smooth? I'm finding that foam cuts well but the edges get rather messy when I try to shape them with my blade.

Loving your work! I'm personally using 5-minutes epoxy, you should check it out. Funnily it's got the same issue as the rubber cement with regards to letting it set a bit before making connections. Rubber cement probably works really well too! I'm thoroughly enjoying the development of the 'Foam Technique'. It's such a versatile medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back