Update On Armour Making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloydy

just to say in advance, i took this pictures with my phone so they are slightly distorted and dark sorry in the pictures you can not see all of the crisp folds very clearly either. will get better pictures later with proper camera

before you moan at me saying i should of scored the paper, i didnt because it wasnt necessery with my 120 gsm card, all of these pieces are now resined and ready for body filler and paint but pictures are yet to be taken

[attachment=11801:02092009046.jpg]

[attachment=11807:02092009045.jpg]

[attachment=11802:02092009040.jpg]

[attachment=11804:02092009044.jpg]

my helmet is currently half made, jaw and back of helmet are complete and fit on nice and snug, need to finish the top of the helmet before pictures posted

did you score it (only asking because i dont see any marks on the outside)

hope that didnt sound rude

i did with my first piece but i didnt see it as too important and it got annoying for the small folds so i did it all by hand, trouble is its all white co cant be seen very well in picture, when its painted u will see :)

Looks like your doing alright for your first few pep pieces. You probably shouldn't rush things too much by skipping steps though. You can get a lot of unwanted deformities by not scoring the folds.

I Agree with Sporgo. Although I'm still only 3 weeks into my practising, scoring makes folds so much easier. But then I use 190 card so scoring is necessary for me.

Good progress though, look forward to seeing more.

like i said at the top, im a very arty person, taking design and technology at a level after getting a at gcse, i made a wearable light from scratch and an iron man light for my chest. trust me, the way i have folded this, iv had no problems with anything except sizing on my first pieces :D

What king of paper are you using? Ordinary printer paper will warp like crazy when you resin it. And no offence here, but it looks like you are going to have a lot of bondo work ahead of you.

im using 120 card, bends easy and holds its shape very nicely, doesnt bend anywhere. all i need to bondo atm is the chestplate so it isnt square and a few lines from the bicep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back