Vampy's second cosplay build! Halo 3 Hayabusa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! It's been a while since I have posted. I have been pretty low-key lately, busy with work and such... Since last posting I have:
* completed the first 2 steps of my Halo 3 project which is building all the Pepakura pieces in 100# cardstock and hardening them up with Smooth-On XTC 3D
* started making an Iron Man mark 4 Pepakura and am about 70% finished with that :)
* finished that Samus helmet Pepakura... but it was almost completed so no biggie

The cold temperatures are what made me stop working on my Halo 3 and start working on the Iron Man while deciding what I want to do next for the Halo 3. I could either:
a) try the Rondo mix (Bondo + Fiberglass Resin) + sanding and go for a smoothed out look
b) smooth out and detail the model with clay and create some molds of my pieces so that I can rotocast them with Smooth-On 65D.
c) keep the blocky look but reinforce the pieces with Smooth-On 65D

After that, of course, comes the panting and details. i haven't decided what to do about the undersuit at this point but I have plenty of time to figure this stuff out. I want to implement some gizmos this time around.

I also need to determine what to do about the Hayabusa helmet's eye holes, as in what kind of visor solution would be best.

Hopefully all your projects have been coming along nicely :)

-Vampy

this is as far as i have gone with this suit due to weather. I am going to try setting up a small station in my basement to play with my chems.
full suit layed out.jpg

Also in the meantime I've done a lot of other random things... it needs to get warm...
ironman layed down.jpg

Also in the works... a Samus Aran Varia Suit....
helmet on head.jpg

I may also make another Halo 1 set because a brother of mine finally caved in and said he'd let me make him spartan armor! Just trying to keep busy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back