vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you be ashamed about watching MIB??? Its an awesome movie! Almost as great as this epic pep work!! Youve blown me away.

yah sure thing man and thanks
btw the helmet looks fantastic once again, i love the paint job and the weathering on it, keep up the fantastic work =D

Calladar my brotha, I look up to you and respect you alot. You have been an inspiration. Watching you build Kat and the grunt,even back to the purple tiger striped suit. Your builds have helped keep me going. To HigDog and Roadkill, I SO appreciate the comments. It really helps keep me motivated. I checked out your builds too and they look great. Keep building guys, we are slowly emassing our own Halo army,lol!

Wow... That CQB is so clean. It, simply, is superb! I thought about doing a CQB helm for a while, I might eventually do one, once I finish my current bucket. Keep up the awesome work!

Wow... That CQB is so clean. It, simply, is superb! I thought about doing a CQB helm for a while, I might eventually do one, once I finish my current bucket. Keep up the awesome work!

I really appreciate that Spartan. Thanks a lot. Good luck with your helmet man. Be sure to post pics when you're done.

Whats the status on this Beast!!! I need Moar!! lol:)
Well......................(sigh) sadly, not a lot. I did find a way to make my visor on the cheap. I am gonna test it first before I spill the beans. Don't wanna look like a dork if it doesn't work out,lol. I still have the right leg and boot left to pep, oh and now I have to redo the ab plate, it warped like a pretzel when I rondoed it,lol. Oh well, no biggy, I will just glass it next time. I have been pretty busy doing a pep commission but that is almost over. Hopefully then, I can get back to it, I miss working on it.

Thanks for checking up on me Black, I appreciate it buddy.

Jones'n for more. I just can't wait to see how this helm comes out, not to mention the suit as a whole. Please I'm in need of more eye candy!!! :D

Jones'n for more. I just can't wait to see how this helm comes out, not to mention the suit as a whole. Please I'm in need of more eye candy!!! :D

Man, I am sorry, I don't have much in the way of an update for you. I haven't given up on this project at all, I have just been busy with commissions so it has been taking a lot of my time. Sure I could work on it in the afternoons but, spending time with the fam is more important to me. I WILL be back on it soon. I did pick up supplies to work on my visor, I did a test piece, and it turned out pretty good. It won't have that mirror look, but it will look more like the game. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

terrific build O__O awesome and clean pep work and paint jobs :)) this sir is craftsmanship!

Thanks alot for the comment Martin. I appreciate it!

Well, the visor didn't turn out well at all. I guess it's back to the drawing board. I may just have to wait and buy a real visor to sick in there. Oh well.

you realise that you are planning to paint it white and black. those are the two hardest "colour" to get to look good, but so far, its looking real nice.

you realise that you are planning to paint it white and black. those are the two hardest "colour" to get to look good, but so far, its looking real nice.

Yeah, I've got the painting down. I was referring to the visor giving me fits. Thanks for the comment though.

Well, I have a small update. I managed to get a little time on Saturday to put another layer of fiberglass cloth on the chest piece. I will be doing one more layer in certain areas as they are still a little flimsy. Also, I put another coat of resin on the parts I had previously pepped and rondoed the inside of one of the forearms, just to see how it would do, weight, etc. It turned out pretty good, minor warping, but not too bad. I snapped a couple of quick pics just to prove I have been doing something constructive, lol.:D Stay tuned, will try and get another update before too long.:)

photos001.jpg

photos002.jpg

I just realized that I don't think I've ever posted in this thread, but I've definitely watched with great interest and I've been constantly impressed with the quality of this build! Props for making the CQB helmet, which is definitely a rarity. Keep up the great work! If the rest of the suit ends up being as good as the helmet, which I have no doubt it will, it will be incredible. :)

I just realized that I don't think I've ever posted in this thread, but I've definitely watched with great interest and I've been constantly impressed with the quality of this build! Props for making the CQB helmet, which is definitely a rarity. Keep up the great work! If the rest of the suit ends up being as good as the helmet, which I have no doubt it will, it will be incredible. :)

Thanks so much Spitfire for the compliments man. They are appreciated. And yes, the CQB isn't seen a lot, especially the whole suit. And that is why I wanted it. I plan on making this armor to the best of my ability...If I can get any time away from pep commissions to work on it, lol. Thanks again!:D

I really hope you get some time to finish this soon, its going to be an awsome set of armor, not to mention the first one complete with the CQB model helmet you used, and if the suit turns out as good as the helmet, I predict Elite status

I really hope you get some time to finish this soon, its going to be an awsome set of armor, not to mention the first one complete with the CQB model helmet you used, and if the suit turns out as good as the helmet, I predict Elite status

Man Hyper, I didn't even realize you posted buddy, my bad! I really appreciate your comment. That is my unofficial goal, not a must but...would be really cool to go Elite, if it's still around when I'm done. I can't wait to be one of the first with a full CQB suit. I know there aren't too many of them.

Now for a small update...
I got my father's day present in the mail yesterday....:eek
photos003.jpg

I ordered it off of Amazon for like $38 shipped. Not too bad if you ask me. I mainly wanted it for the visor and the padding inside. So, I took a few minutes at work and got everything a part. They glued the padding in REALLY well, lol, but I managed to get it out without incident.
photos004-1.jpg

There are some other little pieces on the new helmet I may incorporate into the build, not sure yet though. I couldn't resist the urge to slide the visor into place just to get a feel for how it will look.
photos005.jpg

Of course I need to do a lot of trimming to get it to set flush inside. After that, I'm gonna use some of Blackula's tips from his dual visor look tutorial to really make it pop. That's all for now peeps.

Stay tuned for more!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back