Wade's ODST suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
did a lot of sanding work tonight. here's a couple shots of my upper body pieces on my mannequin

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

we're taking a break for the rest of the night, playing some Halo 3 at the studio before we dive headfirst into Reach.

more later this week!

hey everyone, here's a couple pix from my work as of Sun. August 30th. Got alot of painting and fitting done!

front of the suit
MobilePhotoAug292010101019PM.jpg

unfinished gauntlet
MobilePhotoAug292010101200PM.jpg

spine
MobilePhotoAug292010101850PM.jpg

more later! stay tuned.

nice work man. shaping out rather nicely. Im probably just gonna use some chrome paint for the metal on metal look though.

nice work man. shaping out rather nicely. Im probably just gonna use some chrome paint for the metal on metal look though.

yeah, that's a good way to go. I used a chrome spray to get the metal-look on the battle damage and scrapes.

goodness im so jelous and your what 15? hahaha your thing is a pic of a kid in carbord armore so im refenceing it off that sorry if im wrong lolololol

goodness im so jelous and your what 15? hahaha your thing is a pic of a kid in carbord armore so im refenceing it off that sorry if im wrong lolololol

haha yeah I made that cardboard suit when I was 18 back in '07 because I didn't know anything about pep. suppose I should update that :D

nice work!
haha with no shirt on you remind me of the strippers that jump out of cakes.. an odst stripper! ahahaha
sorry if thats out of context..

armor fitting (with a shirt this time!)

nice work!
haha with no shirt on you remind me of the strippers that jump out of cakes.. an odst stripper! ahahaha
sorry if thats out of context..

hahaha, dangit how'd you know? I think I'll bail on that profession though, too many $1 bills.

here's a few pic updates.

sewed up my shoulders so they'll fit better.
MobilePhotoAug302010103217PM.jpg

Got my upper half fitted pretty well. now I need to make my big ODST shoulder straps and stomach pieces. I might dumb down the battle damage so it looks more realistic.
MobilePhotoAug302010102423PM-1.jpg

MobilePhotoAug302010102234PM.jpg

shoulder pieces turned out a little small, but I think they'll work for now :cool

more later this week!

Your build is looking pretty sweet man. What are you using for your under armor and strapping. Also, did you cut you neck seal in half for it to fit properly?

Your build is looking pretty sweet man. What are you using for your under armor and strapping. Also, did you cut you neck seal in half for it to fit properly?

Thanks man. For under armor I'm wearing a plain black turtleneck and over that a cheap rib protector I found at Walmart:
0003501190349_500X500.jpg

My strapping consists of cheap straps from Walmart (6' for $2) that are hot glued in place:
IMG_1076.jpg

Yeah I did cut my neck seal in two pieces, so there's a front piece and a back piece. There's no way I'd be able to fit my head through that, haha. Then I got some heavy duty velcro and hot glued it near the top, and it holds together pretty well.

Thanks for the awesome files by the way! Unfortunately I pepped my helmet before I found your thread, but I did use your chest file :)

Also, for anyone else making an ODST suit that didn't know exactly what to do for gloves, Airsoft gloves work great and look pretty accurate.
Screenshot2010-08-31at12735PM.png

find them on ebay for $12 HERE

Hi zelda :)!
I have a question about your stripes. I saw you had glued them in your chest piece. Did you make it with a normal pistol glue? And if the answer is yes, is it stronger?

That build is looking pretty good man.
Nice idea on the rib protector. That works out great! I just decided to model most of the chest armor, we'll see how it turns out.
How far are you along with the leg armor/boots? And you're vac-forming your visor right?

Hi zelda :)!
I have a question about your stripes. I saw you had glued them in your chest piece. Did you make it with a normal pistol glue? And if the answer is yes, is it stronger?

Yeah that's pretty much it. Hot glue works great for attaching straps to themselves as well as to armor.
24076.jpg

BUT you'll have to regulate how hot your glue gets. If it gets to the point where you can see air bubbles forming in the glue, it may start to melt your straps. Unplug your gun and let it cool for a minute or so.

That build is looking pretty good man.
Nice idea on the rib protector. That works out great! I just decided to model most of the chest armor, we'll see how it turns out.
How far are you along with the leg armor/boots? And you're vac-forming your visor right?

Correct good sir. We ordered some PETG plastic last week and our vacuum former is ready to go. I used Kirrou's helmet file and just printed out the visor piece, and used that to create my vacuum-form template.

As far as legs, I've pepped, resined, and bondo'd one shin piece with knee cap. So I have another shin and two thighs to go. BUT if I run out of time before launch, I'll just put all my attention into makin the top half look great, and wear urban camo pants like the ODSTs in one of the new Reach live action ads. Just ordered it the other day :)
3586.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back