What is the best Foam Size for a ODST Cosplay?

Marcus

Basically title, I was thinking about using 8 mm foam, but it is a bit expensive at 22$ on amazon and it is my first build. Does anyone have any recomendations?

Anywhere from 6-8mm, even maybe 12mm, would be good for the base foam structure. Do you know if what you've seen is specifically crafting foam? Crafting/cosplay specific foam is a bit dearer as it has less imperfections and is denser, but you can still pull off a good outfit with floor mats, which you can also get from hardware stores.

Take a look at our "Foam Guide" to learn all about the various types and thickness of foam out there:

I'm a 12mm boi all the way. My whole chief suit is 12mm and so is my new mk 7. 100% of the base shape is 12mm and I only used a bit of 4mm and 2mm for details. I just used floor mats from the hardware store.

Thanks for all the replies, I tried a couple years ago to start with foam floor mats, but the backing was to tough to cut through and eventually I gave up and repurposed it to make a low effort knight chestplate. I am still on the fence about purchasing foam because I want to make a good looking helmet, but I want to procure a couple other supplies like a heat gun first.

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back