Suggestions for an ODST Cosplay?

WhyTho

About to make my first cosplay and I decided I wanted it to be an ODST. I feel as though it would be easiest because there isn't as much armor and the pieces are simple. I've been thinking of doing half foam and half 3D printed. The chest plate, shoulders, helmet, and thigh armor will all be 3D printed however, the undersuit, wrists, shins, and boots will be foam. I also wanted to throw in a utility belt and backpack. The thing is I don't know how I would make an actual backpack. I also don't know how I would make the helmet visor. I made this thread to get a few questions answered like,
  • How would I make an accurate ODST visor like the one seen in Halo 3: ODST?
  • How would I make a backpack like the ODST's?
  • Is my plan looking good? Should I 3D print more or less?

(I will probably be using Galactic Armories ODST model, and I use the Ender 3 v3 print so I will have to slice models.)

I made a post in another thread about a bunch of the ODSTs on the forum:

As for making visors, this is my method:
(Please note the safety disclaimer in the video description)

I really liked PaiganBoi ’s backpack for his ODST. It’s actually functional which is super handy for cons! I think he mentions how it’s built in his thread? If not I’m sure he’d be happy to tell you how he made it!

As I’m not an ODST, I can’t speak too much about what parts are best to print and which are best to make from foam, however, from my Spartan build I can definitely tell you that making the helmet from printing will allow you to get a really nice looking suit (foam helmets are very difficult to get right). Also, my shin, boots, thigh and especially the knee are very nice to have made from foam. My entire suit is foam, but these are the pieces that take the most beating. You won’t regret making those pieces from foam.

My general rule of thumb lately is print the upper body, foam the lower if mixing methods. I find that the lower body is the portion I want the most flexibility out of to be able to sit or kneel for group photos.

I made a post in another thread about a bunch of the ODSTs on the forum:

As for making visors, this is my method:
(Please note the safety disclaimer in the video description)

I really liked PaiganBoi ’s backpack for his ODST. It’s actually functional which is super handy for cons! I think he mentions how it’s built in his thread? If not I’m sure he’d be happy to tell you how he made it!

As I’m not an ODST, I can’t speak too much about what parts are best to print and which are best to make from foam, however, from my Spartan build I can definitely tell you that making the helmet from printing will allow you to get a really nice looking suit (foam helmets are very difficult to get right). Also, my shin, boots, thigh and especially the knee are very nice to have made from foam. My entire suit is foam, but these are the pieces that take the most beating. You won’t regret making those pieces from foam.
This is helpful! I will definitely consider making the thighs out of foam. Can you perhaps give me the link to the thread the backpack is listed in?

Greetings!
The foam files for rucksack was an unfold request I made to ODCA . He's got a thread floating around here for requests for foam conversions of files. It should be there or it may have been uploaded to the Armoury.
I added a few details that were missing and minor adjustments so that it can open up.

Greetings!
The foam files for rucksack was an unfold request I made to ODCA . He's got a thread floating around here for requests for foam conversions of files. It should be there or it may have been uploaded to the Armoury.
I added a few details that were missing and minor adjustments so that it can open up.
I checked and yeah it's in the ODST foam files- Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back